Something Weird Happened to Me Early This Morning

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mario martz, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      hey guys just wondering if this has happen to any of you...
      these past days the tinnitus has been very quiet, just a few little spikes in the morning or night.
      but "bearly there" could be the best description of "my" tinnitus.

last night i went to sleep kinda late, and then i woke up from a nightmare at 6am.
      at first...
      the tinnitus was intense...
      then it became more intense, but i didnt panic or anything.
      then it switched to my right ear.
      then it completly went away for a few minutes (i try to stood still cause i didnt wanted to come back lol)
      then what kinda scared me the most is that when i was in complete silence i heard like a mosquito in my left ear and heard 2 beeps, i shaked my head and it went away.
      then i had complete silence again, but i felt asleep again to woke up at 9 and now have a medium hissing.

this kinda makes me upset because the past days my tinnitus have been a 1 out of ten, but i guess... not sleeping well kinda fucked up the volume.

• Creative Creative x 1
    2. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      Omg ... I just sent you a message on this Before I saw you wrote to the public!!! I had the same thing happen to me last night !!!

• Informative Informative x 1
    3. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just One (1) Loud Rock Concert!
      That actually sounds (sorry for the pun) encouraging if it is changing levels and ears. -- I would look at this as a good think and stay positive.

Good luck..

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Really?
      its just that it makes so hard to habituate when it changes a lot.
      what encourages me the most is the good days where its bearly there!

5. TeresaD
      Fine

TeresaD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
    6. Ricardo1991
      Tired

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The world may never know..
      Hey!
      Yes, actually it has happened to me before too. Like sometimes I wake up and my tinnitus is completely gone then starts up again (actually this morning). When it first all started, I heard what sounded like a car alarm going off in my head and a weird beeping noise like a hearing test early in the morning.
      Hope all is well, bud!
      Ricardo

• Like Like x 1
    7. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Because there is hope that it will maybe stop in both ears and not come back at all.

Unlike acoustic damage, where the ear hairs are knocked down like hay in a field with no chance of standing back up (someone used that visual once and it stuck with me).

Even for acoustic damage like mine though, there is hope with habituating..

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hello Ricardo. I'm doing well and sounds like you are doing better too.

I would consider that progress as well. If your T is fluctuating, I would consider that hopeful.

Mine is always the same but I am learning to live with it and actually going up to a few hours a day without even noticing it (as long as I keep busy).. :)

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Hey John i have seen your Posts since i become a member here,
      i think you are doing pretty well, habituation is the key, lets hope for a cure or relief pretty sure,
      and thanks for the reply!

10. Ricardo1991
      Tired

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hey! How's it going?
      Thanks, It happens pretty much on a daily basis. Just putting up with it too.
      Hope all is well,
      Ricardo

11. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks Mario! -- I'm trying and this forum really helps when I get a little depressed.

My T is from one stupid thing that I did back in mid-Sept when I had too much to drink but I can't go back in time (I kicked myself for months!)..

Masking isn't really promoted much on this site, but I noticed that my dehumidifier also helps a lot since it is so loud. When I go away from it for a few hours, I don't notice the T as much and the quiet (but with T) is actually relief from the dehumidifier. -- Of course, I can use it since I have a home office with nobody around but I think that an iPhone masking app with ear buds would have a similar effect. -- Just my 2 cents.. :)

12. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hang in there Ricardo. If you got it in January, you are 3 months behind me.

I'm at 9 months and feel like I am turning a corner. -- When I get tired of thinking about it, I force myself to get busy with exercise, work, listening to music, etc. and it does help a lot!

13. The Red Viper
      Curious

The Red Viper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 15, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Current Theory: Neck injury (Tendonitis @ trap/SCM junction)
      I agree that if it's not sound induced, the hair cells are likely alive and well. This would suggest that there is something else (fixable) that is causing the problem.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Not sure what happend to me.
      i woke up one day just like this.
      i heard "loud" music in my earphones one day before this happend...
      so maybe its noise induced, acustic trauma or hearing loss?
      i dont know, i need an advice on this...
      it cant been hearing loss right?

15. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Mine is benzo induced and they say there is nothing they can do for my case because it is somewhere deep inside of my head. So my hair cells are alright but why can't they do anything?

16. Ricardo1991
      Tired

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yea, honestly there came a time where I got tired of worrying so I started being happy. Yea, it sucks but I'm still here aren't I!? Lol

17. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I hear ya Ricardo. I play more music now to drown it out and no longer worry about the volume since nothing I do at home or in my car can match the intense volume I experienced at that concert.

I've decided to turn my T into a positive turning point in my life that is making me get more active, volunteer in my community, join social groups, etc. -- I don't hear my T when I am out with people doing activities and volunteering.

I still get my moments like right now when I can hear my T ringing away but it's too exhausting to keep worrying & measuring it..

I continuously pray for everyone with T and a remedy for it.. Keep in touch!!

• Like Like x 1
    18. Ricardo1991
      Tired

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      For sure! I honestly think that I give it more power than what I should.

19. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music

I really understand this so much. I was thinking to myself the other day " I have Tinnitis, but it doesn't have me"

• Hug Hug x 1
    20. Ricardo1991
      Tired

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I love it! Keep it going! I think a lot of us who have tinnitus need to share this sort of love over fear :)

21. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I made the mistake of having pancakes and maple syrup for dinner. -- Right now, my T definitely has power over me but it will pass and my day was fine otherwise.

It's crazy how sugar makes my T spike..

22. Path Maker

Path Maker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      I'm raging against the tinnitus too! I also downed some maple syrup! And gluten! I had gluten today! LOTS of it. Actually, I don't think going gluten-free had any kind of effect. Which doesn't mean I'm going to go all white-floury on myself every day of the week, now. But for today, liberty for all, showers of gluten everywhere, and ... screw thee, tinnitus sounds. You sucketh. I rule. :)

23. Ricardo1991
      Tired

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aw, oh no. But pancakes for dinner does sound great! Lol It will pass. When I have a spike I just calm down and know it will either pass or I will habituate to the new Tinnitus so I find a way to cope lol.

• Like Like x 1
    24. Tilen Tomažič

Tilen Tomažič Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello, this is my first post on this Forum.

I have acute tinnitus in my left ear and have received Medrol treatment from May 12 til May 22 and the ringing disappeared, the very low and faint hissing remained, which was only noticeable when I was exposed to pin drop silence, any minor ambient noise masked it immediately.

This morning was very strange though. I had a good night's sleep, slept like a baby, woke up and both ears seemed fine, so I set my alarm for another 15 minutes of sleep, since I had time to spare. I usually sleep with my head turned up as it makes me sleep well, rather than on the side. I felt very good this morning as there was no ringing, so I thought I'd lay on my left side, the side in which my original T is. After laying down for about 1-2 minutes, the ringing turned on like a light switch, bang, it was there and I can still hear it now, almost 40 minutes later.

Has anyone experienced something similar and how soon did the ringing subside? I also have to note that I have anxiety issues and dealing with T has been a big struggle since I get over-sensitive to any little change regarding the T.

-hugs for everyone-

• Agree Agree x 1
    25. william adams
      Wishful

william adams Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one week after leg surgery plus hearing loss in higher freq.
      Funny as it may seem I am in better physical health since the onset of my T. Blood work is fantastic, cut my blood pressure medicine in half, have picked up on exercise and physical activities and lost 25lbs so body fat down to 18%. I dont use white sugar, cut back on alcohol, caffiene, eat low fat foods and anything that can cause a T spike. But to get back to the topic my T stays pretty constant with little change unless I do something that antagonizes it..

• Winner Winner x 1
    26. Paromita
      Cool

Paromita Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure, maybe dental and facial nerve
      I have this issue, I think my T is from some nerve damage or jaw trouble on my face. When I put any pressure, i,.e, sleep on a pillow also with my cheek turned on the left side, my T climbs up louder and sharper.

Usually take a Valium to calm it down....I dont know why it works...because it relaxes my muscles or because it dulls down my brain...God only knows these compliated answers.

But I know I cant put any pressure on the left side of my face... :(

Hows your T now ?