Sorry to Be a Pain, Feeling Very Down with New Revving Car Engine Tinnitus Sound

Discussion in 'Support' started by Shaunie, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Shaunie

Shaunie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral infection, Ménière's, Sporadic hemiplegic migraine
      Sorry if here isn't the place to post, just at my wits end with this new sound tinnitus, I've posted a few times but no reply or anyone who knows or feels the same tinnitus as I feel. Probably the same here.

I'm used to the normal ringing and hissing, but I have been getting tinnitus last two days that's like a car engine, lorry sound, very low roaring engine that revs and makes my whole head vibrate. There is nothing that cuts it out, it's louder than most things and makes it really hard to cope with. I just like to talk to some one of any one who even has heard it this type of tinnitus before. It's like a rhythm but it's not in time to my heart beat or anything. I can hear my other tinnitus sounds that I've got used to but this one is so low it makes every thing vibrate or feel like it.

Am I alone with this or anyone else suffer with similar :/ can it be coped with? I'm struggling.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I know that you're not the first person to post about this, so you're definitely not alone.

I get something like a very minor version of this sometimes, which seems to relate to blood flow and oddly is often worse during meditation, but it's never been at a level where it really worries me. I do think that low frequency noises may be associated with Ménière's; maybe @glynis knows more about that.

3. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Wanted to reply to let you know that people listen & care about your situation. I'm increasingly at my own wit's end with this. I'm dealing with a new high in tone & volume causing headaches & low level fever. Not easy to deal with!
      Just keep posting.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. MBH

MBH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overloaded stress
      I hope that sound goes away soon and you can move on.

5. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Shaunie ,
      I get a low drone and thigh pitch tinnitus 24 /7 Due to Menieres and lost a lot of hearing also so now wear hearing aids and I am enjoying life again but still hard at night.
      There is a wonderful tinnitus masker for low tinnitus on Utube its
      Easyjet presents jet sounds. so please check it out and let me know if you found it.
      If you put @glynis it will give me a direct notification when im on here.
      Love glynis

6. Rob Hammer

Rob Hammer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      painful syringing
      Hang in there @Shaunie,
      It is hard to live with T 24/7, but take it one day at a time. I’m new to T and although the T hasn’t lowered in volume much, I’m slowly getting better at coping. I think we have to hang on to hope, and give our selves a chance to adjust and learn new approaches. I also read an encouraging phrase here and that is to give our Dixie’s a chance to sort things out. It will take time.

7. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      I'm so sorry you are having to go thru this. T is nor easy to deal with, it steals away happiness and hope for the future.
      You are not alone. While everyones sounds may be different, we all suffer. I wish there was something to change all this, but for now, we have to struggle the best we can. Hopefully your T will settle back down to a more tolerable level.
      I am praying for you, and all the people here that suffer from T

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Shaunie

Shaunie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral infection, Ménière's, Sporadic hemiplegic migraine
      Thank you all, I know I'm not alone with suffering this, just as you'll all know it can be so lonely and isolated as no one can hear what you hear, at the moment it's still the same this awful low rumble like traffic or engine and it's just constant. In a rhythm but not to my plus or heart beat. , I've suffered t for a long time and got used to the hissing and ringing I have but never had this low rumble so it's scary and new to me.

9. Samantha R

Samantha R Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Shaunie
      The low drone is the worst!
      To try to give you some encouragement, my low drone went away and hasn't come back to date (touch wood).
      I suspect mine was something mechanical, it would switch on and off.... masked completely by the car, but audible over almost anything else... I hated it.

@glynis is your low drone now 24/7? I thought the Nortryptyline had helped it? How do you manage with sleep as you've got a lot of noise going on in your head and ears?

10. Jamurra1

Jamurra1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Someone shouting into ear
      Hi Shaunie, I know what you are going through as I am the same now, it's scaring me and I'm suffering anxiety as a result, also my skin has erupted with eczema due to the stress, I don't know what to do.

11. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Samantha R ,
      I have to take medication for sleep. Nortriptyline and that has stopped my head tinnitus.
      I wear hearing aids all day as my tinnitus is to sever due to Menieres and hearing loss.
      When they are in I don't hear my tinnitus and im back to being my happy self but when they are out its a struggle.
      I put a lovely masking sound to look up on the forum for low drone tinnitus.
      Love glynis x