South Africa......Western Cape......Hi There

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Clint, Jun 19, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Clint

Clint Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown but i believe stress. I also have Lyme disease.
      Hi

I am Clint Cox from the Western Cape in South Africa.

I have had Tinnitus for just over a month and believe there is some link between its onset and my levels of stress at the time.

High pitch sound in both ears.

I have also had Lyme Disease since 2014 and have been on heavy antibiotics for the past year.

Since i have had Tinnitus i have found it more challenging to deal with certain things.

I would love to network with other South Africans, particularly anyone in the western cape.

Thanks.

2. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      A warm welcome to Tinnitus Talk Clint.
      Stress can cause tinnitus and heavy antibiotics that are intravenously given.
      Hope in time your tinnitus settles down for you.
      Keep posting for support....lots of love glynis

3. Clint

Clint Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown but i believe stress. I also have Lyme disease.
      Very kind of you Glynis, thank you.

From what you have said about intravenous antibiotics, i think i will change my self verdict to stress......i have been taking antibiotics orally.

It is amazing what stress can do to a person.

Anyway, thank you for your warm welcome, really appreciated.

4. Jenlee73
      Batty

Jenlee73 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi Clint,

I am not in the Cape, but do live in SA. I currently reside in Durban, KZN.

I also have high pitched tinnitus but only in my right ear/head. Quite often, it seems as if the tinnitus is on both sides of my head as the sound rings throughout my brain. Not nice at all, as I'm sure you are aware.

I am very interested to hear your story since you mention stress as a contributing cause. As I don't have a clue what's caused my tinnitus, I suppose I should consider stress too.

Have you tried any form of treatment yet?

Regards,

Jenni

5. At van der Walt

At van der Walt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music,target practice with gun and stress
      Hi my name is At van der Walt I am from Grabouw in the Western Cape South Africa. Hi Clint I had vertigo very badly and after that the tinnitus began high pitched noise in both ears. I have tried pills en saw two ENT's but I am still battling since 2010. Stress play a major role when I get regular exercise it helps. please write to me. Am I allowed to give my email address, let's try javdwalt@telkomsa.net Take care

6. Russell Smith
      Not amused

Russell Smith Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced hearing loss
      Hi there Clint , nice to see some other South African people on this site , I am from Durban , have had tinnitus since 2010 , mine is due to noise induced hearing loss , the job I used to do contributed mostly to this . The last 4 years have been ok as I seem to have totally habituated to it until recently when I found myself at a loud event with insufficient hearing protection and now its back , 2 months so far . Hoping I can get back to where I was before .
      I have to agree with At though, exercise definitely helps to ignore it for a while at least .

Concentration I find is also a problem ,I just keep thinking to myself with all the research going into this and an awesome web site like this , something surely will come along to help. Just have to try and stay positive I guess .