South Africa... Western Cape... Hi There

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Clint, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Clint

Clint Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown but i believe stress. I also have Lyme disease.
      Hi

I am Clint Cox from the Western Cape in South Africa.

I have had tinnitus for just over a month and believe there is some link between its onset and my levels of stress at the time.

High pitch sound in both ears.

I have also had Lyme Disease since 2014 and have been on heavy antibiotics for the past year.

Since getting tinnitus I have found it more challenging to deal with certain things.

I would love to network with other South Africans, particularly anyone in the Western Cape.

Thanks.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      A warm welcome to Tinnitus Talk Clint.
      Stress can cause tinnitus and heavy antibiotics that are intravenously given.
      Hope in time your tinnitus settles down for you.
      Keep posting for support....lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Clint

Clint Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown but i believe stress. I also have Lyme disease.
      Very kind of you Glynis, thank you.

From what you have said about intravenous antibiotics, I think I will change my verdict to stress... I have been taking antibiotics orally.

It is amazing what stress can do to a person.

Anyway, thank you for your warm welcome, really appreciated.

4. Jenlee73
      Batty

Jenlee73 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi Clint,

I am not in the Cape, but do live in SA. I currently reside in Durban, KZN.

I also have high pitched tinnitus but only in my right ear/head. Quite often, it seems as if the tinnitus is on both sides of my head as the sound rings throughout my brain. Not nice at all, as I'm sure you are aware.

I am very interested to hear your story since you mention stress as a contributing cause. As I don't have a clue what's caused my tinnitus, I suppose I should consider stress too.

Have you tried any form of treatment yet?

Regards,

Jenni

5. Richard G

Richard G Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music
      Hi everyone.

I found this forum while looking for a support group in Cape Town. As far as I can see, there isn't one.

I have had loud noise induced tinnitus since the last Millennium. Literally. It recently got quite a lot worse and I have been struggling with the difference in volume. As you all know it is stressful, and it has impacted on my sleep a lot, which of course affects coping ability for everything else...

I have done a lot of research on it, and have bought a book which I am reading. I will very soon start practicing the meditation etc. it recommends. I chose this book because it is written by an experienced meditator who almost gave up on meditation, but then managed to turn it all around... It's called "Rewiring Tinnitus: How I Finally Found Relief from the Ringing in My Ears". It comes with downloadable tracks that assist the process in different ways.

It is the only thing that has given me hope in coping with this setback.

I just wanted to say hi to everyone here. I know there are more of us out there than we and they realise.

Richard