Spike with New Tormenting Sound

Discussion in 'Support' started by ChrisBoyMonkey, Jul 22, 2019.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Beta blocker.. did it help with the sounds at all?

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      It got a lot better, not super better, but way better than before. The high pitched ringimg has stayed, but has gotten a good bit quieter and easier to mask. In loud places like malls I don't hear it at all, in places like busy department stores I only hear it in the quieter parts, in quite places I hear it but it doesn't blare at me like before unless the place gets completely silent.

It was horrible before as it used to start screaming super loud out of nowhere for absolutely no reason, over my masking sound machine, but that has all completely stopped about two weeks ago. I also had frequent fleeting tinnitus, but thankfully that has also completely stopped around that same time. I also had these beeps that would come and go, like 2 to 3 second long beeps that would come every 30 seconds or so. These usually weren't very loud. They got really loud one day, also about two weeks ago, then I haven't heard them since then. Now it's just a base high pitch ring in both ears, louder in the right, with a less loud high pitch static like ring in the middle of my head that also used to be way louder.

To me it appears to be gradually improving. I hope it will keep it up. I promise everyone, if I get well enough that I can actually concentrate on quieter tasks I will be doing a lot more to help end this disease for all of us. This crappy disease should have been eradicated years ago.

Next after tinnitus the target will be ending climate change.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. all to gain
      No Mood

all to gain Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      A beta blocker more than likely caused my tinnitus.

The World works in strange ways.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. Bartoli

Bartoli Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2009,worsened 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      That's great! How long have you had it for? What caused it? Was it a single loud event?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Yes originally it was a single loud event that started the ringing about 5 months ago, it was starting to get better on it's own, then unfortunately another single loud made it even worse about 2 months ago. It once again seems to be getting better on its own but it's still pretty bad, I'd say it's a 5 out of 10 now. Maybe even a 6. When it was getting better before the worsening it was about a 3 out of 10.

6. all to gain
      No Mood

all to gain Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      On what basis do you rate your tinnitus Chris? Is there a scale somewhere that everybody uses?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Kind of. When I filled out the survey for Neuromod it asks you to rate your tinnitus on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being not a bother at all and 10 being extremely severe. It wasn't exactly those words but that was the gist.

8. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I didn't notice the Beta Blocker having an effect on my tinnitus one way or the other.

9. Madi
      Tired

Madi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure, stress, probably medicines too. Who knows!
      Just popping in as someone with experience with beta blockers! I was recently on a low dose of propranolol for anxiety for about four months, and just quit (after tapering, of course) about two weeks ago. I actually feel like being off the propranolol has lessened my tinnitus and helped my sound perception! Non-selective beta blockers work on the brain, and while sometimes they’re nice for anxiety, sometimes they can cause more side effects/problems that only generate MORE anxiety, haha. (Plus, it would make me dizzy and give me low blood pressure symptoms, and I hated that.)