Spikes After Loud Noises

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ilija, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Ilija
      Breezy

Ilija Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud gig/year of loud headphone usage.
      So the last couple of days were very loud for me.
      1st there was a basketball game where people at times yelled very close to my ear
      2nd was a football game where the ball hit some metal wires and it was loud as hell (knew something would happen after that one)
      So after these two I started experiencing spikes, thank god they're small and last only a couple of minutes max but I'm scared of them.
      Today I tested what triggers them and after an entire day without spikes I dried my hair with the blow drier and after a couple of minutes there was the spike again but it only happens in my left ear-the bad one.
      So now I'm wondering what to do since I'm scared what if one day it doesn't go after time passes.
      My idea is that for the next week I stay away from anything even remotely loud and wait for the ear to settle down, what do you think?

2. Paul201
      Pacman

Paul201 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Subwoofer
      A few minute spike doesn't sound too bad to me, mine last for a few days. I stick ear plugs in the shower and hair dryer and try to avoid all loud or loudish noise, now im wondering if all this noise avoiding is really the best way to go, maybe our over sensitive hair cells (guess here) need certain stimulation in the long term. Don't really want to test it though, hate spikes. Yeah Id give the noise a rest, I would not be at a noisy ball game but some day I will have to test these things out, im sure

3. NiNyu

NiNyu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      barotrauma? stress?
      Sounds like H to me.

4. Stink

Stink Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2000
      why do you even ask. yes, you need to do this! :)

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ilija
      Breezy

Ilija Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud gig/year of loud headphone usage.
      Nah I mean you think that will be enough?
      Generally other than this and the some sound sensitivities after finally stopping to monitor and just living life the past 2 weeks have felt like I felt "before", not in constant dread and stuff but just peaceful and actually enjoying myself.