Spikes and Positions

Discussion in 'Support' started by Derek D, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Derek D
      Balanced

Derek D Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/05/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Shock/Loud Music
      Hi guys,

Just wanted to give you all an update. I saw an ENT last Friday, he looked over my ears and removed some wax in my left ear and gave me a device to equalize the pressure in my ears since they were a little retracted. The pain in my ears has mostly gone away and even my tinnitus went down a lot almost to the point of complete silence!

However last night before I went to bed the volume kicked up a notch almost to the point it was before my doctor visit. I have noticed that it seems like when I lie down the volume of T goes up, anyone else have a similar issue?

Also the doctor was a jackass frankly not very sympathetic to my T basically shrugging it off saying most people's T goes away in six months to a year which I highly fricken doubt.

However the silver lining is that the volume for a while was reduced and it hadn't happened before. All I can hope is this is a sign that it will go away permanently within this mythical year.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Path Maker

Path Maker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      Yes, I notice this all the time. I believe it's due to increased blood pressure in the head when we lie down. Stand up and blood immediately moves away from the head. As to why this spikes the tinnitus, I don't have the answer. But I think most of us notice this.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      i agree!, i enjoy working in bed, and this is where my tinnitus volume goes up.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      How do you get work done in bed?

5. i.m
      Anime

i.m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      For me: Aspartame Poisoning. For Ent: L: TMJD / R: Dunno
      I think this is not a spike. It sounds like another case of somatic T, because changing position ( I don't know the right scientific description ) could lead to an increase ( or decrease ) of the tone.

6. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Im a graphic designer hahaha

• Agree Agree x 1