Sport Whistle Could Make My Tinnitus Worse?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Julien, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Julien

Julien Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hit on the ear+otitis
      Hi,
      During a trip into an aquatic park, i was talking to a lifeguard and suddenly he blew into a sport whistle (to warn a kid). I was into a pool and he was standing on the edge of the pool. Since then, i feel bad for my ears (in my state of mind, and i had strong tinnitus after i woke up next day, compared to the day before). I made research to know the danger of the sound produced by a sport whistle. I didnt know but it's high volume (more than 100db). Since then, i'm scared that this whistle could make my tinnitus worse. Since the tinnitus is not constant and the way we feel it is always changing, i'm not sure if it's the same or worse. I'm anxious and nervous. Those tinnitus make me mad. You know that feeling when you start to be paranoid about your tinnitus. Paranoid in the sense that sometimes you cant be sure that it's worse or not. And when you hear the tinnitus louder, you cant say if it's coming from something you have done or not (too loud music, something you eat...). It's a nightmare.

PS: I suffer from tinnitus in my right ear since 4 years (tinnitus is acute sound, high pitch).

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hope your spike has settled from the sports whistle.
      I work in a school and need to blow a sports whistle over 20 times a day as the bells were broke and was putting my ears in more danger as are to loud.
      I had the headteacher order me my own brass ball as she knows I have Menieres and sever tinnitus and find it more ear friendly and keep it low down away from my ears....lots of love glynis

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Julien87
      Not amused

Julien87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (concert)
      Hi Julien,
      Since it's really brief and not extremely loud (not a gun shot or explosion), I really think it does not damage the ear. But I understand, I often worry about similar situations too...

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Julien

Julien Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hit on the ear+otitis
      I'm still bad since this happened. I went to the ENT and we made an audiogram, he said it's the same as before.
      So basically, my hearing capacity didnt change and i feel my tinnitus louder? How can it be?
      Unfortunately, i dont have any tinnitus meter from before, i could compare with.
      I'm thinking about another thing that could worse my tinnitus, but it's just a hypothesis:

under the shower i happened to pick my ears (both ears including my affected by tinnitus one, the right one) with my fingers (from inside the ear canal to the outside with my little finger, sometimes in a fast movement), and it's sometimes producing like a little suction effect. Do you think it could be dangerous? I've noticed that sometimes doing that thing, i hear a little tinnitus that is lasting 2 seconds and stops instantly, do you see what i mean?