Stagnant, Looking for Advice

Discussion in 'Support' started by Enrique, May 16, 2017.

1. Enrique
      Dreaming

Enrique Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/20/2014
      Hey everyone,
      It has been a while since I've posted on TT. This month will be my 3 year anniversary with intrusive T and moderate HL. I wish I could say I am habituated but although I am not am nervous wreck like I was in the beginning, I still deal with hardships daily.

I graduated 2 years ago from a university with my bachelor's and my plan pre-T was to attend med school to become a doctor. Since T and HL have impacted my life I have been stagnant. I really haven't done much. I sort of cruise controlled myself through the last year of college. I moved back into my parents house. I stayed at the same part-time job. My gf has been very emotionally supportive and tells me to take my time but I am 28 and honestly need to get my s*** together. I have decided to do nursing since it is a career I can see myself doing as well and it's much faster to become an RN than an MD. I keep prolonging going back to school due to my fear of failure. I don't want to let myself or those I love down.

Anyone have any success in there careers with T and/or HL? If so, any advice?

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hi @Enrique
      If your tinnitus was caused by exposure to loud noise and you listen to music through headphones I advise you not to even at low volume. Click on the link below to read my articles on Tinnitus and hyperaucusis that you might find helpful.
      All the best
      Michael

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-a-personal-view.18668/

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/hyperacusis-as-i-see-it.19174/

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Enrique
      Dreaming

Enrique Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/20/2014
      @Michael Leigh
      Thanks for the response. Those were some very detailed and informative posts about your journey with these ailments. I do want to give sound therapy a try and maybe try some low-dose antidepressant to get me through this hump.

4. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I wish you well. However, please remember one can only do so much. If tinnitus becomes a problem a referral to ENT and a Hearing Therapist/Audiologist trained in tinnitus management is something to consider.
      Michael