Static Noise in Head

Discussion in 'Support' started by leelo, Jun 4, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. leelo
      Pacman

leelo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2014
      Hey guys recently my T has been less annoying. I even dont hear t sometimes and i even slept longer today. But for some reason when i was suddenly awaken by someone the static noise was soo loud and it sounded like it was in my head rather than my ears. It has slightly calm down but i am starting to wonder if that was even T cause that was suprising to me. I even had a headache.
      Does this happen to youll when suddenly you wake up?
      Is static in the head always T?
      Why do you think it suddenly got intense?

2. ampumpkin
      Amused

ampumpkin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset: 12/2007 Increase: 04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2007: Meds(Antidepressant) 2014: Meds(Antibiotics)
      Hi!!

your T is recent, you may experience some changes over the next few weeks until it settles down. When mine first started, it was much louder at the beginning and very annoying but after 2-3 months, it "faded" and I stopped having "reactive tinnitus" when you hear a hiss in your head around loud noises (in my case, it doesn't seem to be hyperacusis because it doesn't cause pain nor does it make my ears feel full).

I'm having a relapse right now (took ototoxic medication that increased my T) and the new sounds and higher frequency is starting to settle down like it did when it first started, I do notice that it is louder when I wake up but not every morning.

T is very hard to keep up with!! Mine varies a lot in intensity, pitch, etc...I try to ignore it no matter how loud it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Hi Leelo,do you suffer from sinusitis by any chance,when my tinnitus goes low,it feels like I'm deaf,but I can hear perfectly at same time ,the tinnitus I sense goes inwards ,weird sensation,that in turn gives me a bad head day,but I do suffer with rhinitis(similar to Hayfever ) like you and headache.just as you described.Same thing again happens when my tinnitus is sky high,goes inwards and always head and facial pain.if the tinnitus middle noise I call it I have a copeing dayAny of this compares to you,hence my asking about sinuses.Never fathomed this out as to why it happens.Feel a lot of ear pressure on those high and low days,both ears.Marlene in UK

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. ampumpkin
      Amused

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Marlene , is it possible to suffer from sinusitis without feeling pressure you think?

5. leelo
      Pacman

leelo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2014
      It think you are right marlene wow i think i have that. I read about it and i fit the description. I have bad sinus and btw the static noise went away. Thanks alot i even have the fullness feeling in my ear

6. ampumpkin
      Amused

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      When I was the GP last time, she prescribed Clarithromycin because my left ear felt cloggued but I didn't feel pressure. (the medication was ototoxic) She said it was sinusitis... looks like it wasn't after all.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Yes it sounds like it to me Leelo,As I just mentioned the symptoms to Ampumpkin above post,it's a strange one,I've never got an explanation to it from anyone,why tinnitus behaves this way,only ones who have these conditions running together fully understands what we're describing ,no Drs do here in Britian,I've given up,just wade on through the bad days with it.Sending you a hug

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    8. jeannie
      Stressed

jeannie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced, Ear Infection, Medication... Who knows?
      Does anyone have tinnitus in ears, and take a nap and its in full head when you wake up?I don't even have to nap I just get real realaxed and almost dose off and it goes into my head.why is this? Also it's the opposite sometimes. I can handle it better in my ears rather than head. Seems like I can't even relax.

9. Sparkle92

Sparkle92 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/16, constant since 3/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus, Allergies, TMJ, Stress
      I find my tinnitus on my left side coming from the side of my head rather than my ears. Is this common? It is a loud hiss noise. On the right side it is a low buzz type ring. All of this started from a virus a couple months ago.