Still Adjusting

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by THOPE, Apr 3, 2014.

1. THOPE

THOPE Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2011
      My tinnitus was with me as soon as I woke up one September day in 2011. I have always struggle with stress and take medication.

Recently I have been trying to adjust my medication to be able to sleep more. I did this knowing it would likely make my tinnitus worse in the short term and indeed it has.

Any others out there that have experienced this? I know after I settle with the medication my tinnitus will settle back down. Before I started this process I had some lovely days where it calmed. It is always loudest when I wake up unless of course it is one of those days that it just progressively gets louder.

It is high pitched. Same level as my hearing loss although it seems loud to me maybe to others it would not be.

Typically if I try and cover it with sound it will force its way louder. Is a game you cannot win. :wacky:

Any others out there willing to share about their tinnitus and taking medication and its effects when you are switching things up?

Tim :thankyousign:

2. StayPositive
      Jaded

StayPositive Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Hi Tim, welcome to the forum!

3. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Wassup Tim?!

Sorry to hear you are struggling!! It sucks, I know!! I have severe high pitch/volume T. In the early months, my docs put me on a cavalcade of different meds, which really messed me up. After much experimentation (at my expense :eek:), we settled on a low dose of klonopin in the afternoon and a low dose of remeron before bed. The mix keeps me mellow, yet functional (I run a business and am a happily married father of three boys). Best of all, I SLEEP!!! Now I actually believe the remeron has made my T slightly worse, BUT I sleep better (kind of a messed up catch 22). But I feel the net result of sleeping better (solidly) is worth the slight spike in my T volume. o_O

Getting proper sleep is SO essential to dealing with T!!! It is ammunition against T emotionally, psychologically and physically!! (y)

I hope you find the right mix of whatever you need to get your sleep on (including exercise, good diet, breathing, etc....)!!

Cheers!! :beeranimation:

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      THOPE

THOPE Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2011
      Wassup Tim?!

Sorry to hear you are struggling!! It sucks, I know!! I have severe high pitch/volume T. In the early months, my docs put me on a cavalcade of different meds, which really messed me up. After much experimentation (at my expense :eek:), we settled on a low dose of klonopin in the afternoon and a low dose of remeron before bed. The mix keeps me mellow, yet functional (I run a business and am a happily married father of three boys). Best of all, I SLEEP!!! Now I actually believe the remeron has made my T slightly worse, BUT I sleep better (kind of a messed up catch 22). But I feel the net result of sleeping better (solidly) is worth the slight spike in my T volume. o_O

Getting proper sleep is SO essential to dealing with T!!! It is ammunition against T emotionally, psychologically and physically!! (y)

I hope you find the right mix of whatever you need to get your sleep on (including exercise, good diet, breathing, etc....)!!

Cheers!! :beeranimation:[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jeff,

You know it is funny. I have tried so many things and recently I have been working with someone and I take Klonopin and Remeron for sleep and have been slowly getting off of SSRI. I think it is helping as 3 of last 4 days I havent worn any headphones for extra sound to focus. I feel more rested when I wake up.

I really apprecate the encouragement.

You pretty much back to enjoying life despite the tinnitus?

:beeranimation: