Still can't believe it

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Larry OT, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Larry OT
      No Mood

Larry OT Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Volume, meds and motorcycles
      Got bad T 6 months ago.
      Hearing loss in left ear for years and then what seemed like sinus trouble. Right ear has sudden hearing loss a week ago, now has T but lower most times.
      Crazy anxiety and lack of support from spouse took me to the edge. If not for my kids I would have called it a life.
      3 ENT's who don't know much, lots of new pills to take from shrinks. Can't seem to exist without clonazepan right now and some anti-depress.
      Not doing well with leg weakness and fear.
      I found comfort from many of you who suffer, search and ultimately heal. I thank you. I need all the strength I can muster as I often slip into the darkest of places.
      My heart goes out to all here and I hope to have a successful story to post one day.

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. Codaz

Codaz Member

Larry, how did the right ear sudden hearing loss come up?

3. James
      No Mood

James Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Pulsing 03/2013
      Good post @Larry, your words seem well chosen, welcome.
      Yeah, why us? Why all of us. I got kind of a lack of support from the Doctor too, like "so what", you have Tinnitus.
      Other people can't seem to understand how bad it is, we do in here. Your T sounds bad, and the hearing loss thing. They say the first 6mos/year is the worse. I think it goes beyond that.

Hang on to your life, take care of responsibilities and find those things that give you some enjoyment again.
      Get distracted. Sometimes being outside seemed to help me. I hope it can get better for all of us.

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Larry OT
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you James.
      Best wishes to you as well.
      Stay strong. I'm trying.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Larry OT
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Codaz,
      Hard to know for sure, but my ENT told me the low dose of Percocet I was prescribed for a different problem, could not be the cause.
      I told him I had taken a dose the day before and had some sinus issue, but he said said low dosage would not cause it. I think otherwise. An MRI coming up but the cause seems obvious.

6. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      @Larry OT
      I feel exactly how you feel except I dont have any family, children or anyone. Plus life is really boring for me here in rural france. I was on my way to leave france and moved house temporarily to a house I hate. Suddenly got this T. Really bad and no help whatsoever. Plus now stuck in france without money and trying to do it all in french when I feel weak as a kitten. Have taken to bed all day sitting on this forum. Nothing else to do.
      As for the MRI - apparently it is really noisy and extra ear protection must be used - if it is a closed MRI then it can reach 115 decibels. You must have ear plugs plus head phones.
      I am also not sure how to continue this life....just every day that passes is another day I have survieved. I was never like this before this T started and it is now so noisy in my head that I can not think really. Very depressed - not taking any meds cos they make me feel worse, my body feels bad on meds and they are addictive and dangerous for health.
      Are you on any meds at all?

• Hug Hug x 2
    7. Gabrielle
      No Mood

Gabrielle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, maybe bad syringing
      Hi Larry OT, i still can't believe it eather. Also almost 6 month's T.
      Without a cause. Suddenly started on May 3th.

Read many success stories and hope one day I can cope with this too.
      I am not afraid of the sounds anymore, and i've stopped searching for the cause.
      I've also stopped hoping that it will be away.
      Stopping those things has been giving me a little peace.

I realise now i have to live with this terrible sounds in my head.

It helps me a little when i'm thinking on all of us here, like you, that makes me feel i'm not alone with T.

Wish you all the best,
      Gabrielle

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Larry OT
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Amandine,
      Thanks for MRI Info. I will wear my earplugs. Can't wait to hear my T compete with the noisy machine.
      How did your T start?
      You must know someone and have family somewhere. Reach out to all and know that you will learn to cope better. Read the posts from some of the folks here about success and strength. I'm still working on mine and this forum has been great.
      Masking sound apps, exercise and getting out meeting people on hikes has been great for me.
      Do you work, have a hobby?
      Keep busy and have faith.
      Drugs are not generally the answer but if desperate and very depressed seek help. I had some real bad antidepressant tries that were no fun but it's different for everyone.
      Accept the noise and keep moving.
      You are much stronger than Mr. T.
      It's in all of us to endure. And so many are here to help.
      Write your success story one day at a time.
      Little steps. You'll be ok. You'll be ok.
      Peace,
      Larry

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Larry OT
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gabrielle,
      Not being afraid is big. Not so easy at times but I am working on it.
      And, yes none of us are alone in this.
      I am so relieved to have found this place and the comfort and connection is paramount for all.
      I feel calmer and better with all the support and love.
      All the best to you. Stay connected.
      Larry

• Hug Hug x 1