Still Coping with Pulsatile Tinnitus Since 7/2017 and Finding Treatments

Discussion in 'Support' started by Steven Walker, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Steven Walker

Steven Walker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've had Pulsatile Tinnitus (PT) in my left ear for about 1 year now. I can hear my heart beat in my left ear. It's not all day long. I notice it most when I'm resting. Some days its more severe then others. I'm lucky it hasn't bothered so much when I go to sleep. Only occasionally.

ENT exams along with Brain MRI/MRA, Ultrasound, CT Scans, and Cerebral Angiography all came back negative. I was told by the Neuro-radiologist that performed the Angiogram, the reason for my PT is due to large arteries.

Although I don't have high blood pressure, I was told to manage my stress better through meditation. Still trying to find answers since I still have some good days and some bad days. I do notice the more active I am the less I think about it or notice my PT.

I have been meditating in the morning and had some positive results when I stick with it. I also researched a site that said having a low sodium diet, limiting caffeine, exercise along with the meditation can help the symptoms too. Also saw an article that said I should stay away from aspirin which didn't make any sense to me since I thought baby aspirin would thin the blood for better flow to the brain. I will continue this path but am also interested to see if anyone else has had any success in reducing their PT with any other methods.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Steven Walker,
      If the pulsatile tinnitus becomes more of a problem for you then some people do find a low beta blocker or hearing aid helpful for pulsatile tinnitus ,so you could ask your doctor about them.
      Love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    3. Tinniger

Tinniger Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uncertain, now very somatic, started with noise?
      A few questions:
      What does your pulsatile tinnitus sound like?
      Can you change it by jaw or head movements?
      Can you change it by squeezing blood vessels? (At your own risk;)).
      Can the sound be heard by the examiner? (objektive Tinnitus).
      There is also somatic pulsatile tinnitus (Levine et al.)

This is one of the best paper:
      https://www.aerzteblatt.de/pdf.asp?id=141577

4. GJSCAR

GJSCAR Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi Steven. I have PT and have had all of the same scans and procedures you have had and all cane back clear. My doctor has prescribed misoprostol (Cytotec). I haven’t started yet but will. Doctor had a patient that had relief with it and says it is really benign so no side affects.

Steven do you get tingling or vibrations with your PT?