Still No Better...

Discussion in 'Support' started by S.withnell, Dec 11, 2014.

1. S.withnell
      Sleepy

S.withnell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I dunno if it's just me but I'm not great at the moment having a bad time with t, wonder if it's the weather ?
      Also does any one have it where it's in like layers you can hear one tone like for me a high pitch hiss / ring and then under neath a full kinda roaring noise that just fills the head up.

It's very weird it happens when it's really quiet or when I wake up , I don't hear it for a moment or two and them bam it's like a freight train.

And if I cover my ears for a mo I only hear my ringing and them I hear that as if it's in the back ground but it comes forward and becomes louder than the ring.

Is this normal part of t ? Or is this something more ?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. LeQuack
      Gloomy

LeQuack Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad genes
      It's all pretty normal as fat as tinnitus goes. When I am in a bad spot I sometimes just turn off all the fans and drown in the noise of my T. And there is a myriad of noises, from tones to hissing to clicking or scratching. In a weird horrible way it's kind of soothing, but as soon as it's time to get out of bed the realization of it strikes again and you have to go through another day with this hell.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      S.withnell
      Sleepy

S.withnell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I seem to be ok during the day of I reallt keep myself busy , but when I think it's getting better or at least quieting down it strike really loud ... It's a bloody nightmare and mine changes in noises and pitch ears it seems ... But both ears are effected badly with t ...

4. tomm
      Thinking

tomm Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (club drumming)
      I had an all encompassing loud tone in the ears for a month+. Now the tone has dropped away and I'm left with 'brain hiss' coming from inside my head. Some days I can hear it more than others but I feel it all the time, even when the noise component is masked. It's like a headache without the pain - a feeling all over your head.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      S.withnell
      Sleepy

S.withnell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      That's exactly what I feel a headache with out the pain..., it's so weird and it's just awful ! Nothing stops it :( I wonder if it's actaully the brain thoigh and not the ears as in something like the blood vessels not working or something not sending the signals right any more :/

6. tomm
      Thinking

tomm Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (club drumming)
      Something that affects GABA like zopiclone or diazepam lowers the brain hiss for me. If yours is really up high try one before bed.

I also had some relief with generalfuzz's ACRN tone generator (member of the forum) recently. An hour or two on that gives me about 15 mins of halved T (and none while I'm listening). My hiss is up at ~14kHz. I'm pretty sure neutrino detectors in Australia pick it up on a bad day :)