Still Unable to Sleep

Discussion in 'Support' started by kaycee, Nov 30, 2014.

1. kaycee
      Doubtful

kaycee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      So I'm still struggling with getting to sleep. I drank only the Nature Made Sleep aid and that did nothing! I was up all night. Initially I slept without anything at 1130 pm then woke up an hour later tried sleeping but nothing...cane outside my bf was playing video games :) took the nature made at 2 nothing. Slept somewhere, in total, 3 hours? I finally got a hold of a psychiatrist on a Sunday! Bless her heart she's flying back from Seattle and will see me at 3 pm today. Lord I was crying because I don't know what else to do. I go ba c k to work tomorrow how can I if I'm like this???

2. Mark McDill
      Curious

Mark McDill Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely stress, anxiety, an antibiotic and nsaids
      @kaycee
      My heart goes out to you; I remember sleepless nights (crying, exhausted, bewildered/depressed, angry), I thought those were the worst part of the whole ordeal.

Do you exercise? It's a good way to get to a healthy exhaustive state. Even a brisk walk is a good thing.

Recalling how I felt (shattered), I understand it may be very difficult to get up and do something (anything) -- but if you can force yourself to do something (even though you are tired/depressed) you will find it a very good thing.

It is not a solve, but it is a move in the right direction. You may not start right away (it might be too much at first) but simply setting it as a near-term goal is a very healthy thing for you to do (right now). Trust me on this one; either set it as a goal or start doing something (now). It's a good way to get yourself tired (more likely to sleep) and a good way to tell your T to 'bugger off' (I'm doing what I want to do).

You're in my prayers

Mark

• Like Like x 1