Strange Dreams from Childhood

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by grant2b, Jan 8, 2018.

1. grant2b

grant2b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi there,

First post so go easy on me.

When I was a child, around the age of 9/10yo, I used to have these incredibly strong dreams/nightmares that to this day I couldn’t draw a picture of. I’ve been thinking about these my whole life and can’t really figure out the trigger.
      Some nights I would wake up completely soaked from sweating, sheets and all.
      Other times I would sleep walk. On the worst occasions my parents would be woken up by me screaming and running up and down the hallway.
      The last time something similar happened was when I was 16. I woke up in the middle of the night and felt as though the would had turned upside down. I was really disorientated and walked around the garden for a while until I calmed down.

These instances always coincided with these dreams, without a shadow of a doubt.

I’m now 34yo and starting to think this could have all been caused by tinnitus. The reason being that I have recently been travelling through some very quiet places and at night, with no sirens, music and general sounds of living in a big city, the Tinitus is there. Constantly. Like pink noise but very quiet in volume. It doesn’t feel like it’s in my ears, but in my head. Maybe this is normal.

From hearing this sound mixed with the deafening silence of isolation, I’m getting flashbacks to those dreams and really trying to pinpoint what the isue is.

The closet way to describe the feeling or these dreams would be sliding down an icy mountain toward a cliff face.
      It’s pretty horrible stuff.

Not sure if anyone has experienced something similar?We’re all wired differently I guess.
      Not sure what I hope to get out of this post but I thought it worth mentioning.

Just trying to figure this out.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Seems like not too many people have horrified recurring dreams and so there isn't a response. LOL. For me, I do have a dreaded dream in which I am driving a vehicle and it is moving while I suddenly couldn't see anything, and the horror of waiting for an impact which may be fatal to happen. It came back often enough for me to wonder what it is all about. As for your tinnitus, it seems to be a mild form. So take that as a positive and protect your ears to keep T from flaring up. Take care God bless.