Stress Starting to Bother Me

Discussion in 'Support' started by light rain, Jun 10, 2017.

1. light rain

light rain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I had a nightmare last night and woke up to the T so loud in my ear. For a few minutes I was sure I was hearing the Morse Code sound in my left ear too. I was awake for a long time before I could get back to sleep. I am one of those adults who did not grow out of the screaming nightmares that little kids have. I know stress can be a huge trigger for these and I had one last week where it woke everyone up.

The MRI rollercoaster has greatly contributed to this. I'm seeing the Dr next week to check hearing again (I think I've lost some or it is fluctuating). He is mad about the MRI and wants it done asap. So now I am scared about how stressful that appt is going to be. I have NOT cancelled a single MRI appt -,they have all been cancelled on me. And I do not want this done at the hospital which is probably the only place I can get in right away. I think I just need to step back from the stress of these tests.

I've also may have pushed myself too much. In order to distract myself and destress I've played disc golf three days in a row along with hiking. I knew when I was hiking it was too much. I enjoyed it at the time but now my joints hurt and my ear and throat hurt so it might be a flare. Which means that I'll have to try take it easier if I can. I'm going for a ride or maybe I'll paint a masterpiece (lol). Or maybe give in and buy a recliner.

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. Applejuice

Applejuice Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20-3-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm sorry to hear it light rain. I have stressed a lot too untill yesterday but ventilating it did the trick for me. I don't know if it will help for you. But writing down my issues and fears with pen on paper made me break down but also I was rid of my thoughts that were suffocating me.

I'm also taking magnesium because of all the stress it uses magnesium and I had lots of muscle spams especially when meditating that seemed to get worse and worse. Magnesium is good against stress. My guess is that you're also experiencing muscle spams is it not? Or twitching muscles?

I'm now listening to multiple tones low, high, fluctuating and even pulsing but I am calm. Know that you are not alone in this.

If your joints hurt then you can have minor inflamations. Take vitamins, eat fruit and drink lots of water to fight those.

Ps I also took on my old hobby drawing with charcoal when I got T. Haven't done it in 10 years but my first drawing was the best I ever did (portrait of my dog).:)

• Like Like x 2
    3. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Stress can creep up on you, and it can also go undetected. This is why so many people burn themselves out. It seems to me that you're already trying to resolve this, so carry on. Take time out for yourself doing things that you love; even if that means lying on the sofa watching a few boxsets. T is an inconsiderate beast at the best of times, so don't let it get you down.

Also, try not to worry about your appointment, as you're unnecessarily working yourself up.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      light rain

light rain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thanks! I'm supposed to take vitamins but always forget so I'm sure I'm not helping myself. I'm low in B12 and D. I've heard from others D effects magnesium too and needs to be taken with it. So my muscles are often stiff and sore.

I'm glad you were able to pick up again with the charcoal drawing. I like pencil and using watercolor pencils too along with paint. I just got a book I ordered about using watercolor as a calming tool. Sort of focused on painting nothing really just the process and color. I haven't felt very free form lately so I thought I'd try.

And I used to journal before at the suggestion of a therapist. I couldn't write anything at first so I focused more on decorating the pages (lol). Eventually the words came but it can be really helpful. Maybe I'll consider it again. All of this has churned up a bunch of feelings I think I've been trying to keep at bay.

Thanks again!

Lynn

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      light rain

light rain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thank you. I excel at working myself up. :) I'm trying to keep calm and thought I was doing pretty good. And maybe I am. Of course I guess I over focus too and consider feeling bad a failure on my part. Things with habituation( a word I didn't even know before) just are not going along as I thought it would this time around. I feel like I've been patient and its getting frustrating.

• Like Like x 1
    6. Applejuice

Applejuice Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20-3-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Stress is a pain because you don't want to do it but it happens anyways and that is frustrating. Getting off stress is difficult but it doesn't come naturally, I thought it would but you got to work for it. I often searched for distractions but I was also running away from the fear which made it worse. Venting helped me. Writing down my fears had more impact on me than talking about it.

And then I still have bad moments but the moments of stress are now moments where I'm irritaded instead of stress or anxiety. Still no fun but better then stress imo, I don't know if it counts as a step forward but I think it does. Good and bad moments are on guard duty together but I know it won't go over in one night sleep. I just sit out my bad moments so to speak untill I feel good again.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      light rain

light rain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Its a fine line for sure. I battle anxiety and have had long battles with depression and OCD since I was a kid. So I have to be careful with how I handle my feelings. All this with the T is seriously rocking the boat. Like you said just trying to ride this out.
      Thanks.

Lynn