Completed Study of BGG492 in Patients With Chronic Subjective Tinnitus

To assess the efficacy of a two-week treatment with BGG492 in patients with tinnitus.

1. Tinnitus Talk submitted a new resource:

Study of BGG492 in Patients With Chronic Subjective Tinnitus (version 1.0) - To assess the efficacy of a two-week treatment with BGG492 in patients with tinnitus.

Read more about this resource...

2. Frédéric

Frédéric Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      11/19/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01302873

Status: still completed. Study completion date: January 2012.

I remember that like many of TT members, I could not find the results. So I sent an e-mail on December 1, 2014 directly to Novartis France to ask for the results (I let my phone number as contact details). They contacted me by phone few days later to inform me: “BGG492 will not give rise to future clinical trials in France or elsewhere whatever the indication.”.

• Informative Informative x 1
    3. Autumnly
      Wishful

Autumnly Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      Are those the results? PDF Link

I also found this: An update: emerging drugs for tinnitus
      • After a 2-week treatment with BGG 492, significantly greater proportion of patients showed improvement of≥ 4 points from baseline in TBF-12 (a short version of the THI) as compared to placebo (26.7% vs. 14%) [72].
      • The successful reduction of tinnitus after treatment with BGG492 has to be interpreted carefully, as the result comes from only one pilot study. Nevertheless, this result suggests that AMPA receptors might represent promising targets for pharmacologic treatments.
      • Unfortunately, the development program of BGG492 was discontinued in 2012 and 2014, for tinnitus and epilepsy respectively.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 4