Success Story — High Pitched and Pulsatile

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Benedict16, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Benedict16

Benedict16 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/10
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have always had a low range, bassy tinnitus when sitting in silence, but it never bothered me too much, I used noise machines to sleep.

About a month ago I had a really high pitched constant ringing that was near impossible to mask. I started using a noise machine app on my phone that had high pitched nature/crickets sounds. This helped enough that I could sleep but anything like watching tv or working was miserable.

I told myself if I managed to get any improvement I would post it online to try to help others. My high pitched ringing seemed to be tied to my neck, because when I looked up to the sky or if I clenched my jaw and released it, it would get noticeably louder for a second. I also started noticing pulsatile tinnitus that seemed to match my heart beat more or less.

Anyways, I still have it a bit but I have seen significant improvement in the volume of the symptoms to the point where I feel I can manage it. I can't pinpoint exactly what cured it but I can tell you that I cut gluten out of my diet, re-introduced light cardio, and stopped doing heavy weight lifting for shoulder and neck muscles (I have an athletic build and typically lift heavy).

For a couple weeks, I think the absence of gluten made my symptoms temporarily worse, like a withdrawal. However, after those couple of weeks passed, I started seeing some improvement. I encourage people with similar symptoms to try what I did.

Always keep trying things, it can be difficult and hard for others to understand how debilitating it can be, but just keep moving forward taking it one day at a time. (My low range tinnitus is still with me but I find that less bothersome).

If i didn't see improvement my next steps were going to be chiropractor or accupuncture.

• Like Like x 1