Success Story and Possible Solution for Some of You

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by hypnowheel, May 14, 2018.

1. hypnowheel

hypnowheel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      Hey there,

I've been wanting to share my story with tinnitus for a while now, but just had an experience recently that brought it back to my attention.

About two years ago (May 2016), I had what turned out to be an ear infection. Due to difficulty hearing from my right ear, I tried a peroxide rinse to clear out the wax. It didn't work, and after a couple attempts and some poking with a q-tip, my ear began to hurt quite a bit.

The next morning, I woke up with that ringing tone in my right ear. It remained constant for days, and pretty quickly I found this forum. I couldn't believe some people live with this for decades and was hopeful that wouldn't be my fate.

My doctor prescribed antibiotics for the ear infection, but couldn't help with the ringing. I made an appointment with a respected ENT but couldn't get in for a month. (When I eventually saw the ENT, he wasn't able to help, either.)

In the meantime, I decided to try alternative treatments. The first one that came to mind was an acupuncturist (Nina) my wife had worked with previously. I saw here on the forums a few people who'd tried acupuncture but without success, so I was skeptical. But this acupuncturist was trained in various disciplines and was quite confident she could help eliminate the ringing. So I gave it a try.

Following my first 90-minute session with her, during which she used a cold laser (a metal pen of sorts that functions like an electric needle) on my ear, and also supplemented that with some chiropractic adjustments, I didn't notice any difference immediately. I was patient and determined, though. I saw her twice more within a week, and after about a weak or so I began to notice the ringing was diminished. I wasn't just ignoring it better (which does help), it was actually happening less and/or was quieter.

I recall her indicating that the problem in my case was inflammation of nerves within the ear, and that the cold laser was intended to reduce the inflammation.

After the ringing stopped, I went back to the gym for a very intense cardio kickboxing class. About 10-15 minutes into the class, I noticed the ear was ringing again, so I immediately went home and within a couple hours, I had a sore throat and the beginnings of a cold. So I went back to Nina a few more times during the following couple weeks and the ringing again disappeared. She also did some extremely painful reflexology on me that appeared to help as well.

This time, I waited a good 3-4 weeks before working out... but after working out again, I got a cold the following morning. Saw Nina a couple more times, began taking a multivitamin and doing fruit & veggie smoothies every day... and the ringing hasn't returned since.

Many months later, I heard a new annoying sound in that ear - a hollow sound that I'd only notice in very quiet environments and would come and go. That came & went for maybe 6-12 months, but it's been a long time since I've heard it. I'd always improve the quality of my diet a bit when it came and it wouldn't last too long.

I run a hypnotherapy practice and once of my clients recently reported having had tinnitus for the past three or so years, so I referred her to Nina. Saw her about two weeks ago and she said she'd already noticed a reduction in her tinnitus following just 1-2 sessions, and she was over the moon.

I'm in the Atlanta area, so obviously all of you won't be able to see this individual, and of course because the causes and types of tinnitus are so varied, it's likely this method won't work for everyone. But I thought many of you would like to hear that perhaps there's something out there you haven't tried that might help.

Feel free to contact me and I'll share her contact info with you.

It's been two years since all of this went down, and I'm so thankful to be able to enjoy silence again.

Best wishes to those of you who still need help.

• Like Like x 3
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Thank you for sharing what works for you. You are most gracious in acknowledging that what works for one may not work for others due to the different types of T. But it is good to know that when people say T can't be cured, it may be a general statement for some types of T. Some forms of tinnitus with a root cause can be cured when the root cause is eliminated. Congrats to your success story.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1