Successfully Turned Tinnitus Off with Sleep Control

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Tony Phylactou, Mar 16, 2017.

1. jib

jib Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      There is this company that make a kind of handy EEG for assessing the quality of sleep.
      https://dreem.com/en/technology

They are setting up the "Adventurer" program that, from what I understood, will be a kind of big study based on the results of all the users of this product. So, obviously, I asked them (in January 2018) if they could introduce tinnitus as a topic into this project, as it seems to a certain amount of people on this forum (and others) that sleep is probably an important key.

Translation of their answer in English "We have not this kind of study in the tube, but in the frame of adventurer program we will study different topics. I invite you to consult the program of adventurer studies as soon as it will be publicated".

I was particularly upset by this answer and their lake of curiosity. Curiosity, that commonly bring forward start up workers, all the more if there is a potential commercial application behind, but anyway.... I forgot about them for a time, but as I am rethinking of it now, maybe some more of us could do like me and contact them trying to convince them to open a topic on tinnitus in the frame of their "adventurer" program ? trying to show them, better than I did, that there is a big market behind... maybe they will wake up from their "dreem" and see reality

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Low 20 years high sept 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cement factory noise lowT,then stress high T
      A very unlikely story I heard from my wifes osteopath.He said a friend of his was suffering from Tinnitus for years.he went for a holiday in Mumbai India and asked the hotel for an Ent doctor.They send him one ,he asked him what the problem was,he said he had Tinnitus.H said no problem put these drops in your ear in a few days you will be fine. In five daye theT was gone. He thanked him and asked him what was in the bottle in case he needed anymore when he left India. He said to him This is my secret formula anyway you will not need anymore,and so it was.
      I aked the osteopath for the name of the Hotel or the ENT he did not know it. Have no idea if this story is real or not
      but i thought iI mention it somebody may read it who knows more about it.

3. JohnAdams
      Whistles

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      it started.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss
      Ive noticed a simimiar situation with myself. But if I go back to sleep it doesnt get any worse. I drink vodka to go to sleep. I usually wake up around 12 to 3 am and get up and drink aloy of water so i dont get a hangover. If i dont get at least 7-8 hours of sleep my T is very loud and intrusive but If I do get well rested it doesnt even bother me.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Last night i don't know how but I managed to have 7 hours continuous sleep first time for months. All day my Tinnitus was very low. How can I repeat it tonight. I am on sleeping pills all the time but most nights I sleep 2-4 hours max,and my tinnitus is hellish. Any ideas anybody?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yesterday I woke up with high tinnitus, had a nap in the afternoon tinnitus went low. Had a second nap tinnitus went high again.

Today I woke up with high tinnitus had a nap in the afternoon tinnitus went low.

I am convinced sleep is an on/ off switch for my tinnitus. Why I don't know.

Anybody has any ideas of why it is happening,I would be grateful to hear

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    6. BLane
      Studious

BLane Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I agree. I wish the scientists would research THIS and locate the switch and figure out how to turn it off and on manually. I suspect that's where the answer is hidden. but NOPE, they want to shock us instead.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      syringing and now somatic T dental work
      The switches are known, but it hard to turn most of the different pathways off. Some somatic pathways can be switched off if the physical problem is corrected.
      One neuro research company has been able to temporary partly re-train the brain, but some patients loss consciousness from the injection and I don't think that the FDA is too happy.

• Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It doesnt only switch high and low after a sleep.Sometimes it switches on and off after just lying down relaxing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. HearsToHope
      Fine

HearsToHope Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-Induced Hearing Loss
      I have bad T at night that makes it hard to sleep. I found that getting some really boring audio books and playing them at night do wonders for keeping me from noticing T as much. I set them on a timer so they don't prattle on all night. I can usually manage 6 to 9 hours of sleep a night now. Some people use white noise but I have reactive T which makes the use of white noise difficult.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    10. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      @JohnAdams I hope you are doing better with sleeping. I have noticed that taking magnesium citrate can help me fall asleep and stay asleep longer. Maybe you should give it a try to avoid alcohol?

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am trying it tonight for the first time, I hope it works. My wife put me off though telling me she tried it once and upset her tummy. So I have taken half a portion, if OK, I will increase it. How long before sleep do you take it?

12. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I take it about a half an hour before going to sleep.

• Like Like x 1
    13. RoeTaKa
      Creative

RoeTaKa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music/Somatic?
      I've been taking a natural calm magnesium citrate supplement for a couple of months now. I would add a teaspoon to half a glass of water, after a few nights of trying it I also got an upset stomach and decided to leave it a couple of nights. I started taking it again with half a tea spoon after that and gently upped it back to a full tea spoon and haven't really had that issue.

Sometimes I feel nauseous and it may be from that, I read recently that long term use of it can lower your ceruloplasmin levels. I may look into a different magnesium supplement when this one has run out.

• Creative Creative x 1
    14. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Magnesium citrate lowers ceruloplasmin levels?

15. RoeTaKa
      Creative

RoeTaKa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music/Somatic?
      It's apparently not confirmed, theoretical but really magnesium citrate is good to take. I don't know if it's really doing anything for my tinnitus, I take it about an hour before bed but I generally don't sleep unless my body is dead tired. I tend to get a full nights sleep but usually wake up once or twice during it. I can't say any of the supplements I take are making a dent in my tinnitus but I'd like to try a different magnesium supplement.

16. WaqasVic
      Artistic

WaqasVic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My T is way different than all of you , ask me how
      Mostly in India they say that the cure for tinnitus or epilepsy or any other disease is "cow urine"

I am not going at or hating on anyone, they sell cow urine in bottles as well, they claim that it can cure almost anything...

17. WaqasVic
      Artistic

WaqasVic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Actually it's kinda the same for me as well, if someone wakes me up while I am sleeping or if I dream and couldn't get into deep sleep, in the morning my tinnitus would be messed up, but if I get enough sleep my tinnitus would stay from at 1... even 0... on a scale of 0 to 10... my tinnitus is the weirdest.

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Have taken my magnesium citrate last night half an hour before bed and I had one of my best night sleeps. Coincidence? I will find out tonight. And thank you Jack Straw.

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This is a very likely possibility. Anybody brave enough to try it?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you, it worked, I had a great sleep last night, see how it goes tonight.

• Like Like x 1
    21. 1000

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      I will try that. Did thed said anything if the cows need to be from India?

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 2
    22. WaqasVic
      Artistic

WaqasVic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nope, the cow can be from anywhere in the world. ... The cow urine contains the following stuff ..

" nitrogen, sulphur, phosphate, sodium, manganese, carbolic acid, iron, silicon, chlorine, magnesium, melci, citric, titric, succenic, calcium salts, Vitamin A, B, C, D, E, minerals, lactose, enzymes, creatinine, hormones and gold acids."

• Like Like x 1
    23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have a theory, which might be wrong that if you wake up suddenly e.g., with thunder, tinnitus does not have time to set in.

A way to test it is to try and wake up with an alarm clock and see if that keeps the tinnitus low.

24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I got my Tinnitus from noise at Cement factory I used to work.

I left now but occasionally I meet people I used to work with. More than a dozen of them also have Tinnitus, BUT some of them have it mildly and it does not bother them, some habituated, and for some it just went away. I must be the only exception it still bothers me.

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just received this email:

Dear Tony,
      Thank you for your enquiry. Neuromod is completing clinical trials and working hard to bring our product to the market as soon as possible.
      We would be happy to let you know once the product is available in your region.

26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One thing I do not understand. If my ears are damaged why some days my tinnitus goes low? Do my ears temporarily fix themselves?

27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I did some research on what to eat for a good sleep, and these are the results.

Turkey, eggs, almonds, walnuts, bananas, kiwi, cheese, milk, yogurt.

I will experiment, and decide which is the best.