Successfully Turned Tinnitus Off with Sleep Control

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Tony Phylactou, Mar 16, 2017.

1. jib

jib Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      There is this company that make a kind of handy EEG for assessing the quality of sleep.
      https://dreem.com/en/technology

They are setting up the "Adventurer" program that, from what I understood, will be a kind of big study based on the results of all the users of this product. So, obviously, I asked them (in January 2018) if they could introduce tinnitus as a topic into this project, as it seems to a certain amount of people on this forum (and others) that sleep is probably an important key.

Translation of their answer in English "We have not this kind of study in the tube, but in the frame of adventurer program we will study different topics. I invite you to consult the program of adventurer studies as soon as it will be publicated".

I was particularly upset by this answer and their lake of curiosity. Curiosity, that commonly bring forward start up workers, all the more if there is a potential commercial application behind, but anyway.... I forgot about them for a time, but as I am rethinking of it now, maybe some more of us could do like me and contact them trying to convince them to open a topic on tinnitus in the frame of their "adventurer" program ? trying to show them, better than I did, that there is a big market behind... maybe they will wake up from their "dreem" and see reality

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      sept 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cement factory noise lowT,then stress high T
      A very unlikely story I heard from my wifes osteopath.He said a friend of his was suffering from Tinnitus for years.he went for a holiday in Mumbai India and asked the hotel for an Ent doctor.They send him one ,he asked him what the problem was,he said he had Tinnitus.H said no problem put these drops in your ear in a few days you will be fine. In five daye theT was gone. He thanked him and asked him what was in the bottle in case he needed anymore when he left India. He said to him This is my secret formula anyway you will not need anymore,and so it was.
      I aked the osteopath for the name of the Hotel or the ENT he did not know it. Have no idea if this story is real or not
      but i thought iI mention it somebody may read it who knows more about it.

3. Martinf
      Balanced

Martinf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Guys, I want to tell you something. When I first got tinnitus, the first thing I thought I would do is fix my sleep schedule (I used to be an insomniac person) since I can only sleep in the morning I thought of staying awake for one whole day so I can sleep the next day early night. After 22/24 hours of staying awake with no sleep I noticed the tinnitus got really faint and then totally disappeared. At that time it was first days of my tinnitus onset so I thought it was gone by its own. I go to sleep, and then the next day it was loud...

It wasn't easy for me to fix my sleep, if I can't sleep at night I would deprive myself from sleeping in mornings so I can sleep at night next day. Everytime I did this the tinnitus went away (I was thinking I have intermittent tinnitus).

After a week or so I fixed my sleep and my tinnitus became constant. 2 months after, I ate something bad outside and got food poisoning. I was throwing up many times and I couldn't sleep that night because of my stomach pain. At 6am the tinnitus got really faint. This time I was doubting there's something related to sleeping. I went to sleep as I was really tired and didn't wait for the tinnitus to stop. One day I intentionally stayed awake whole night to see if this really would have an effect on my tinnitus, usually I sleep at midnight, I started noticing improvements after 4 am and then had really really faint tinnitus at 6 am and 100% gone at 8 am.

What shall I do? Stop sleeping so I can enjoy some silent moments? o_O

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. Thuan

Thuan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection right ear 2018. Sound trauma left ear 2020.
      Seems like your tinnitus spikes during sleep. Do you have some kind of TMJ issues? Do you grind your teeth at night that can aggravate your tinnitus? Have you tried different sleeping positions, such as sleeping upright in a lounge chair instead of a bed? Just throwing out some thoughts...

• Like Like x 1
    5. Martinf
      Balanced

Martinf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I don't know if I have TMJ or neck problems, I don't have symptoms, but I have a weird tinnitus sound associated with my neck (read my last thread if you wish).

If I grind my teeth my tinnitus will increase, but my tinnitus is very somatic anyway and I can modulate it also by head/neck/jaw movements.

I am a stomach sleeper, I tried sleeping on my back but I turn around everytime...

I also tried sleeping without pillow one time and I put it aside the bed, I woke up middle of the might and I found myself sleeping on it LOL.