Sudden Plugged Feeling in Both Ears

Discussion in 'Support' started by racerfish, Mar 5, 2017.

1. racerfish
      No Mood

racerfish Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / T worsened with antiobiotics
      Not sure what on earth is going on with my ears, but a short while ago both ears started to feel plugged up and I had a very light nauseous feeling for a short time which has since passed. However, the clogged feeling is still there and my T has increased noticeably. I'm able to hold my nose and blow and it clears things up for a minute, and then my ears feel all plugged up again. There's no pain. I'm just a little freaked out as to what this could be. Seems like it might just be plugged up tubes or something.

I spoke to an MD on call on the phone who said I probably just need a nasal steroid or sudafed but do plan on trying to get in to see an ENT as soon as I can. He didn't seem to think it was so urgent.

Anyone else ever experience this?

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      You could have a virus in your system and causing mucous pressure in your middle ear and eustation tubes.
      Mine are the same at the moment and nose now running like a tap and watery eyes.

Try Sudafed or steam inhalation and nose spray and I think Vick on your chest works great with its strong vapour.
      My ears feel crackly full of gunk too...
      Hope over the next few days you start to feel better and ears settle down.
      Keep posting for support and always someone around all the time to give you support
      ....lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      racerfish
      No Mood

racerfish Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / T worsened with antiobiotics
      @glynis-harbon thanks for the info. I ended up taking 2 Sudafed and my ears are now back to normal. I'm even going to cancel the ENT appointment I made.

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease