Sudden Tinnitus and Slight Hearing Loss

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kasper, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Kasper
      Jaded

Kasper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown cause (idiopathic)
      Hello.

I have had my tinnitus for about 3-4 weeks by now. And it's changing pitch and volume randomly. Yesterday my T spiked and I am not happy about it.

So how did I got my T? Well one day I was showering and I suddenly felt this weird shaking. My body was shaking uncontrollably for about 3 seconds. During that time my hearing was muffled and I felt abnormally cold. And that uncontrollable shake came in 2 waves. First wave lasted a second following with a one second of a silence. And after that another 1 second shake. And after that...it stopped. At the time I wasn't too freaked out about that situation. Just a bit confused. And when I went to bed that day I heard the Tinnitus on my right ear.

Few days later I went to the doctor who looked my ears because of my T and ear pain. They were full of earwax which she removed. She also said I had some signs of an infection in my right ear but nothing so serious. So I thought to myself that my T will soon go away. But i was wrong.

A week after my ear syringing I visited my school doctor who took a look to my ears. He said my ears were all fine and no damage or signs of infections in either ears. He didn't have a proper analysis and said to me it will most likely go away soon. At the time I also felt this weird stuffyness in my nose. Since my other nostril is always stuck and it still is. He prescripted me Vitamin A to that matter.

And a couple of days ago I visited another doctor who checked my ears and they were all fine. He also meassured pressure from my both ears and said they were fine as well. Since I was feeling this weird negative pressure in my right ear. I was sent to a blood test and the results will come in the next couple of days. But some slight hearing loss was diagnosed in my right ear.

And now when I thought I had it bad I was wrong. My T spiked in my left ear and is currently stuck in both ears with a high pitch. Other weird symptoms after this are slight pain in my forehead and itchiness in my ear. Also my eardrum fluttered for a couple of seconds or it was contracting or something. It was some pulse-like movement in my left ear that I am not sure of.

Okay so all thoughts and opinions will be appreciated. And sorry for my bad english. And as listed in the title my Tinnitus was sudden and at the moment cause of it is unknown.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kasper
      Jaded

Kasper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Oh and in addition to this post... One night I woke up T was gone. But when I went back to sleep and woke up again it was back. Dunno what was the cause of that.

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome @Kasper. Sorry about your T trouble. I am no doctor so I can't advise medically. You need to go through thorough check up and test by your doctors or ENTs to make sure nothing is wrong with the ears. Once that is the case, then all you can do is 1) try to deal with your reactions to this new T sensation or the ear symptoms, and 2) to try something which may help to reduce or stabilize T.

Traumatic and negative reactions can lead to stress and anxiety, which can lead to insomnia. These are all bad for T. So try to stay calm and positive as much as you can. Try read the success stories to help you stay calm, positive and hopeful. These good sensations will help to prevent stress and anxiety. You may also mask actively like I did initially. This will further help reduce anxiety towards T.

What are the things you can do to help T and stabilize it? For example, you can try take natural supplements such as NAC, Magnesium, Zinc, D3 & D12 etc. You can cut down on sugar, salt, MSG, caffeine, alcohol etc. You can do relaxing exercise and to pursue new and interesting hobbies. These will distract from T and give time for the brain to rest from T. If you need masking and have issue with sleep, then this TT thread is a good one to explore. Take care and God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/panic/

(the icons on the left side give you instructions step by step)

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kasper
      Jaded

Kasper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      EDIT:
      Tinnitus isn't a problem for me at the moment, I have now habituated to my Tinnitus nearly 100%. It's now sort of a background noise. Though i'm not sure if that's any good.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kasper
      Jaded

Kasper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Apparently headphones make Tinnitus worse for me...oh well. I guess i'm done playing video games now...

6. Michael Calbera
      Inspired

Michael Calbera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Shooting
      From where u got T? I hope it will be fine soon.. mine from high noise exposure at shooting range. been a week... o_O

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kasper
      Jaded

Kasper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Like I stated in my post (if you read it) I don't know. It started after I had this weird shiver/shaking/seizure when I was showering.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kasper
      Jaded

Kasper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      And sorry to hear that...