Suddenly noticed right ear isn't as good

Discussion in 'Support' started by baddream, Jan 17, 2014.

1. baddream
      Depressed

baddream Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      listening to headphones and earbuds I noticed lately that my right ear is just slightly lower volume than my left and music is slightly balanced to the left... it was NEVER like this before, any idea what happened to make it like this!? im so worried that my ears are getting worse..

2. Logan
      Stressed

Logan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I would reccomend not to use headphones or anything like that, or at least not to loud. I haven't used them since I got T, if I did it was only for a short time. I don't really know what could of caused that but you should just say calm. I don't think it will get worse though.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      baddream
      Depressed

baddream Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      This is very worrying has anyone else every got this? absolutely nothing has happened but my right ear just doesn't hear as well! its really annoying listening to music... how much worse can this get!!!! i have the worst luck in history argh!!!!!!!!

4. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      You may be experiencing hearing loss, but it also could be temporary. Have you had a hearing test from an audiologist, to determine if you actually have any hearing loss?

(I have hearing loss in my right ear only, by the way, and it's not too bad. I have tinnitus in my right ear, too. Since I can hear normally out of my left ear, it isn't very bothersome.)

5. Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Check if audio output are balanćed in the headphones, check the output from one side on with both ears before panicking. It might sound stupid but its quite important if you havent

6. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Maybe try switching the plugs (eg. right ear plug to the left ear and vice versa). Ive also had this problem and eventually in turned out that the problem was the plug (sometimes the buds are not even on both sides).