Suffered from Tinnitus Since 2007 After Being Given Cisplatin and Levaquin for Chemo Treatments

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mikepellerin, Mar 15, 2020.

1. mikepellerin

mikepellerin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Chemo Therapy
      I've suffered from tinnitus since 2007 when I was given Cisplatin and Levaquin for Chemo treatments. The sounds I constantly hear are like the beating of my heart as a whoosh, whoosh sound in my ears. A fluctuating whine sound in both ears, and clicking in my right ear.

The clicking will stop if I don't eat or drink, but the whooshing and whining never stop.

I sleep with table fans running and YouTube TV Shows playing to help drown out the tinnitus sounds. I haven't slept in a silent room in 13 years!

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mikepellerin

mikepellerin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Chemo Therapy
      I recently found some great videos that help block tinnitus. They're on YouTube so you have to pick and choose ones for you!

3. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
    4. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Fennac pharmaceuticals is currently releasing a commercial version of this exact compound for Cisplatin patients, but it should be noted that it only prevents hearing loss from Cisplatin use and does not treat the hair loss from Cisplatin (i.e. it's a promising preventative drug for CIHL, but not a hair cell regenerative compound).

• Informative Informative x 3