Suffering Intensely with 24/7 Tinnitus, Ongoing for Years — Now Worse

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by BlueRain, Sep 16, 2020.

1. BlueRain

BlueRain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm female, 61 years of age. It started as a very low sound in 2011. Today it's full-blown constant buzzing.

Physical symptoms are/were excruciating pain from time time in both ears upon waking that would subside after a few minutes, dizziness or light-headedness that would come and go, erratic blood pressure - from lows to highs and the heart racing. The buzzing gets LOUDER if and when my heart goes into palpitations.

A lot of stuff going on health wise, I've had TMJ over 30 years ago, that kind of resolved but maybe not completely because I can still hear sounds when opening my mouth. A LOT is going on in my cervical area - stenosis at C5/C6 shown on MRI and CT with kyphosis of the neck. Throughout entire spine have disc problems and scoliosis. And now because there hasn't been enough suffering - there's osteopenia. Am now with CKD stage 2. I can get really dehydrated and electrolytes get out of balance. It's a full-time job just to make sure everything is on an even-keel.

I am very sensitive to noise.
      Get stressed easily.
      Then was diagnosed with hyperparathyroidism.

I went to ENT.
      He cleaned ears - some reduction in the tinnitus, but not much.
      Did hearing test - some hearing loss in left ear.

Neurologists - couldn't do anything for me.
      Orthopedic surgeons.

I've tried everything I could.

Acupuncture
      Herbs
      Supplements
      EFT
      Exercises

The sound now is constant. The suffering is really so bad am welcoming whatever comes my way now in terms of relief. Due to noise sensitivity I wear ear plugs. It doesn't help but it's sort of a buffer.

I'd like to be able to live whatever life I have left with some kind of quiet. I am very very tired. I have not slept throughout the night since 2011.

I am looking for support right - any light in this dark tunnel?

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. Kirstystired

Kirstystired Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I don't have any advice but just wanted to say I'm sorry you're having such trouble! Xx

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      BlueRain

BlueRain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Two wisdom teeth were removed on the right side, the left both top and bottom are loose and kind of achy. Went to oral surgeon a few months ago while the tinnitus was still ongoing and he did measuring and scaling, tapping and charting things down and just basically said to wait and see if the deep cleaning would strengthen things all around. The x-rays I did *apparently* didn't show any infection but I can feel there's some kind of pain. Plus if I eat something hard - the teeth actually *ring*.

Does this sound familiar? Did it resolve after extraction?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      BlueRain

BlueRain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you so much for your kind words!

5. ajc

ajc Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2002; spike 2009; worse 2017-18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music - noise damage
      Result of wisdom teeth removal can't be predicted. But you should have the remaining removed anyway. It could improve your situation.

• Like Like x 1
    6. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Try getting a cone beam CT.

I had to. Xrays failed to see an abscess, along with an incompletely filled canal from a previous root canal.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      BlueRain

BlueRain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Only problems with this are:

I've had my really fair and then some share of radiation and am wary about more
      and I'm dealing with a pretty weird combination of hyperparathyroidism (adenoma) situated in a place that can't be found by ultrasound or Sestamibi which is leading back to a possible CT of the 4D variation to at least locate it (with contrast) and then excise it.

If it were possible to get the CT to cover the jaw (is this a place for ectopic adenomas to hide?) then it would be more of a sell. Otherwise, I just can't do that because there are so many systems now being effected by what's going on in my body and can't compromise anymore.

Thank you though :)

8. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Understand your concerns.

It's a juggling act.

All I can do is to urge you to seek an alternative opinion. This is what led me to identifying a chronic abscess, that was eroding the underlying bone. I've since had the molar removed by an oral/facial-maxillary surgeon.

I wonder if you could discuss with your health care provider about the potential usefulness of other diagnostics such as ultrasound. I just did a quick search, and found references for clinical value (but might not be as sensitive as a Cone Beam CT)

The other thing is to trial some antimicrobials (I opted for naturopathic). Go with a Cephalosporin (Keflex) or penicillin (Amoxicillin) if you are comfortable with antibiotics. If you experience an improvement in the pain, then I feel this would justify the use of further diagnostics and interventions.

I completely understand the difficult situation you're in.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      BlueRain

BlueRain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks DebinAustralia. I have been opting for since forever towards natural healing practices. I am an herbalist by trade. What antimicrobials have you been using and what progress have you seen with them?

10. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      I have Lyme disease, so LOTS!

The dental formula I was on contained bidens, lomatium, ceanothis, zingiber.

No need to continue since I've had the molar removed.