Suicide

Discussion in 'Support' started by pytajnick, Feb 27, 2018.

1. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      dannyboy resolved his h with keppra.

my h (reactive t) and spikes improved significantly with adipose derived stem cells.

consider LLLT

id also consider trying cbt as this really helps with anxiety

get yourself some melatonin sr for sleep

glynis stated nortryptaline resolved her head noise.

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      pytajnick

pytajnick Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes I am aware of the relation. Long before I developed Tinnitus I was considering myself as having poor hearing. Especially in loud environments. I just wasn't aware of the implications. So good audiograms were quite a surprise for me. I was always upset by ENT's enthusiasm. You see, you have great hearing. There's nothing wrong with your cochlea".
      I've read the article back when my hyperacusis started to develop. It was in total opposition to everything that Jonathan Hazell suggested on his TRT website. This is the most ironic thing. If I wasn't so proactive in trying to solve my Tinnitus problem during initial days I would probably do the very thing that my body and intuition were telling me - protecting myself from perceived harm. But I trusted authorities instead and applied myself a proper dose of "sound enrichment". Maybe that is the secret behind all these statistics with people that cured themselves. They did what their bodies were telling them - withdrawn for some time from noise to give themselves time to heal.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      pytajnick

pytajnick Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      And you're doing so since 1994 or did you got some major setback in recent years?

4. Bassplayer

Bassplayer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Not sure how your second link accounts for much really. Qualified opinion? Mind you, most people see a link to a reference and don’t click on it!

The problem with scientists (and engineers...I was one of those) is that we have a tendency to create results which back up our theory.

In all the research did anyone think about the following for example? :

People with tinnitus may be too obsessed with their T to take notice of conversation.

Those who have hearing issues learn to gain information from body language and lip reading.

5. TuneOut

TuneOut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Worsened 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Oh no, my tinnitus was fairly mild and stable for 20 years. Then I had a series of acoustic traumas that led me to my current state. They began, I believe, with a car accident almost two years ago.

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @pytajnick I hope that you find some relief, but since you feel that you have a misaligned bite or jaw, your decision to see a dentist is wise. Your popping sounds in your ears when yawning can relate to the jaw. When a bite is misaligned, the ears can be affected.

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    7. fran dana
      No Mood

fran dana Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      origin unknow.2016 get worse because of work in armament lab
      In my case I get to have three frequencies different from the main one. That is, four different sounds in my head. But with time it was disappearing to leave the tone of always. Surely in your case the same thing happened, months went by until the other three sounds disappeared

• Like Like x 1
    8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I apologize for my previous post. I responded to a different part of your post, without seeing the part above...

I sincerely hope that now that you began to protect your hearing again, eventually you will begin feeling better...

9. Stacken77
      Wishful

Stacken77 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise (likely headphones & cars), Acoustic trauma did me in
      • Agree Agree x 1