Swollen glands and ears are buzzing

Discussion in 'Support' started by Cher69, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      It's been a while since I've posted I keep checking in see how people are doing ;) I've got a major T blip I have swollen glands all down the left side of my neck my T side I have no idea why and my T has taken on a whole new tone deeper and more buzzing rather than high pitched :(. For the first time in ages I can hear it over the tv and everyday life I don't feel poorly at all so not sure why I'm swollen and sore defo glands ! Fingers crossed it's immune system working side effect my T is louder ! Sleep disturbed at moment but I'm coping - does this sound familiar to others hoping it's a blip ;( Cher x

2. Golly
      Bookworm

Golly Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2011
      Hi @Cher69

I think for most of us, tinnitus is exacerbated by stress, which can take on a host of different forms. It sounds like you are sick or fighting a virus. As such, I expect that this is the cause of your spike. Take care of yourself and know that you will feel better soon and that your tinnitus will return to baseline levels once the stress in your life subsides.

-Golly

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      Thank you @Golly I'm nearly at my 1 year milestone and this is my first tet spike since getting the initial onset sorted it's intrusive but I know and feel it's temporary cos of my swollen neck glands you can see I look like I have mumps ! If this doesn't subside in the mext few days I will pop to the gp but I don't feel poorly !! Really odd I'm just swelling up ! ;(

4. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      When I get sick I have a low loud buzzing also x

5. Alex Senkowski
      Inactive

Alex Senkowski Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      My T was tolerable for the last couple of months, right up until 2 days ago when I stopped taking Clonazepam. Until I stopped taking the med entirely, I was tappering off it gradually because abruptly stopping has nasty side-effects. One of those side-effects is a spike in T which is what I'm riding out right now. It's a wall of dull noise during the day and a shrill ringing at night. I feel like hammered shit right now. There's nothing I can do except practice all the coping techniques I've been learning over the last few weeks. We can't afford to start the cycle of fretting over the T and making it worse. Do everything you can to keep calm and preoccupied; it is possible even during those nightmarish early mourning hours.

6. citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      Sounds like a cold which unfortunately makes T go mad. Hopefully when you feel better it will die down again. I think spikes from colds are usually temporary, just don't get congested! Get some rest and maybe seen a doctor if you don't feel better

7. tami.75

tami.75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      New person. My T is more of a constant humming between both ears. Saw an Audiologist. "Come back in a year and check for a tumor". I've had 2 eustacean plug-ups in 2 weeks. Like a barble in my throat. anybody else?