Talk about the Weather

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by christine kauhane, Sep 26, 2013.

1. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      Today it started to rain and i was like so scared cause i heard some people say that there T gets loud when it rains? well it has no effect with mine thank God..... it's so nice to have rain and the trade winds are back blowing in my window feels nice... it's also relaxing to watch the coconut trees blowing in the breeze....... going to sleep good tonight ..

2. daedalus

daedalus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2007
      Coconuts trees blowing in the breeze, Erik who has mountains next door... I am jealous of all of you people.

3. Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Trees beginning to change color.

4. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Still hot here and lots of thunderstorms. Nothing changing color, ever (I still miss fall.) But no hurricanes, nor even a threat of one, so far this season! I also love watching, and listening to, palm trees blowing in the wind, which is why I planted a bunch of them in my yard.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      cool ! any coconuts grew yet? if so you can chill the coconut and drink the juice inside yummy and healthy too..

6. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Not right now! We always trim all the nuts off midway through hurricane season; they can turn into missiles in a storm.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      sounds scary flying coconuts !!! it's been raining the past 3 days off and on but i love rain ...

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      what a nice day for the beach..... It's soooooo hot here .. SURF ANYONE !!!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    9. Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      It looks very tempting Christine what a lovey place to live - in the UK now we are just starting to get the first overnight frosts - I've scraping the car windows is always fun when you have left it a bit too late setting off for work !!

We are well into autumn the trees are turning orange brown and try look stunning in a crispy frosty morning but when the rain comes its turns into a soggy mucky mess on the roads and paths.

Us Brits are well know for our obsession with the weather as we usually have rain but this yest we have had a really lovely summer let's hope the winter is kind an not too cold or long ! Cher x

10. Riikka

Riikka Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2007
      That beach looks so beautiful Christine! Must be nice to live in that kind of place permanently with the nice weather and beaches.

I guess here in Finland the weather is similar to the UK. We too had a really nice summer this year with a lot of sunshine. Now autumn and rainy days have arrived and it's starting to get dark earlier. We have already had a little snow one day, but snow that will stay on the ground for longer won't probably arrive until the end of December. I'm starting to look forward to the snow though, as it looks beautiful and it won't be as dark outside.

11. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      I cannot begin to tell you how jealous I am of where you live @christine kauhane!

Here we are surrounded by mines and its always dusty and dirty - not good for anyones lungs!

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      I would love to see some pics of snow, people in Hawaii are jealous of places that have snow fall and seasons that aren't just summer lol.

13. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
    14. Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Snowing right now I live in the snowbelt
      Gulp! First few times kind of pretty but gets old very quickly.

15. James
      No Mood

James Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Pulsing 03/2013
      California needs rain.
      We're way below normal rainfall
      in the San Francisco Bay Area.

I love wild weather, and the wind,
      and sunshine.

16. vickilynn
      Bookworm

vickilynn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Can't remember
      Must be nice. It's cold here and we've had some snow. But I've been to Hawaii in a hotel on the beachfront. The sound of the waves coming in is so soothing. Been to Oahu and the big island.

17. vickilynn
      Bookworm

vickilynn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Can't remember
      Oh I love wind. When it's warm, that is. I don't know why I just do.

• Like Like x 1
    18. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Hey @just1morething, sorry I just realized I never responded to you...

We LOVE snowbirds in Florida! Come on down. We are headed for our own cold snap, though, beginning tonight. It's going to get down into the 4os, which is coooollllddd for us. I will need to bring all my orchids and some of the more tender tropical plants indoors, especially since it will be windy.

Cold snaps also kill our iguanas (some people hate them, as they are an invasive species, but it makes me sad). They literally fall out of the trees.

19. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      Thanks @LadyDi , I appreciate that! I suppose you are getting some of are polar air down there. We flew to Puerto Rico in 2008 and on the flight back we stopped in Chicago and then to Minneapolis/St. Paul. On that flight my left eustachian tube couldn't handle the descending and that ear got fluid in it. That may be the reason for my current noise....I am not sure. ( It could also be from noise exposure, as I am a farmer and was using a extremely loud vacuvator at times) I usually take decongestants to help with pressure changes but they didn't work that time. From what I recall you had a similar experience.

I haven't flown since, but I really like Florida. I remember seeing those little green lizards that are probably your iguanas....I like them too. I miss seeing the ocean waves coming in, the palm trees, and everything else. My tinnitus is still controlling me to a certain extent, including my traveling.:( I think it's about a 31 hour drive to southern Florida. I am somewhat leary of flying because of previous ear problems. My ears are making weird noises today...missed my appt. with a TMJ doc today because of weather.

20. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Recent pictures

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    21. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Wow, looks chiillllyyyy there, just1morething. Where you at? Looks like the Midwest. I used to live in Missouri, Nebraska.

Below are some photos from me: My backyard this morning, in January. But its cold here for us, 50 degrees and windy. So tender plants like the orchids and the Meyer lemon, which just set its blossoms for fruit, must come inside. Here is LBK (Little Boy Kitty) checking out his new roommates.

And yes, we got our tinnitus exactly the same way. But you don't necessarily need to be afraid to be afraid to fly. I did it at the holidays, with a lot of help from my doctor and some advance preparations. I was OK. I keep meaning to put up a post about it.

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    22. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am from southern Minnesota; I have been to Florida in January before and it can be kinda "iffy" with the weather that month it seems. It seems better to wait till March. Nice pictures from your backyard LadyDi! Nice cat!

23. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      I apologize, but I can't resist (I know I'm gonna get crap for this!!). It's currently 82 degrees in La Jolla with nothing but blue skies! Come visit!!

upload_2014-1-16_12-20-59.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    24. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Love La Jolla. My friend lives in San Diego and my family is originally from Southern California.
      And I love seeing all of your photos!

Oh, and your coastline may be prettier. But our water is better, especially just south of here; clear, warm, no kelp.

• Like Like x 1
    25. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No crap from me, a great picture and it would be nice to be in La Jolla, CA right now, or southern Florida!

• Like Like x 1
    26. Logan
      Stressed

Logan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      It's cold here and just snowed a little yesterday.

27. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Whet you from in Missouri, Logan? I lived in KC, spent a lot of time in St Louis and am a proud Mizzou Tiger! Shame about the Cotton Bowl.

28. Logan
      Stressed

Logan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I live in Huggins but I am visiting Independence right now.