Talking on the Phone Caused Noises (Squeaking) in the Opposite Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by CricketEars, Apr 26, 2019.

1. CricketEars

CricketEars Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2003
      Today I was talking to a friend on the phone, with my cell phone up to my right ear. I happened to notice that every time she spoke, my left ear would make a squeaking sound almost as if the muscles were tensing up. It went to the exact rhythm of her speaking.

Anyone experience anything like this?

My tinnitus is high pitch ringing in both ears.

2. COYS
      Sporty

COYS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma/Shock
      I think it might be TTTS. I still have this in general but the phone thing seems to have died down for me.

3. GSC
      Wishful

GSC Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma.
      I did within the first initial weeks, but now I no longer do, but this involved me no longer pressing a phone to my ear. I haven't since the second week after onset. Maybe try and talk from speaker from now on? At a reasonable volume and a good distance away from your ears.

4. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      I use speaker, too, and try to be wary of all your sound settings are at, too. I tried to turn mine all down or mute them.

I have creaking in my right ear sometimes but I don't think it's from my phone but I am not sure what instigated that. I just know it sucks and I pray it goes away. I have what I call muscle spasm sensations when the creaking happens. I hate it more than the t and that is saying a lot.

I also have high pitched ringing.