Tam Tam in My Left Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by MajaC, Mar 31, 2018.

1. MajaC
      Not worthy

MajaC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      fleeting (2012) Chronic (end 2017)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Birth, hearing loss, hearing trauma
      Heya,
      So, I was first aware that something was wrong with my ears after an accident that let them with an auditory trauma. After having completely loss my hearing in the right ear for three days, I start to notice that sometime, I was hearing some drums sound for certain sounds and sometimes, I was losing my hearing for some seconds and it was just a ringing. For the second thing, it still happens sometimes, but the drum happens all the time. When I hear water flowing, bunch of keys tinkling, when I have hyperacusis or when someone have a high pitched voice (like my french teacher back to the high school who had to speak in a micro), I hear some drums in my left ear. Only this one. It's loud, it do Tom tom tom tom! and I almost can feel it.

When we get to the doctor, he said that my ear was just traumatised. In a way, it was like it was a ear PTSD. He said that in two years maximum, it will have ended.

So the time passed. When all of this happened, I was twelve years old. At eighteen, it when I started to have ear pain and that the ringing became more and more persistent until it was permanent. Doctor again, this time, a complete check up. Two audiogram and an appointment to the orl. Mild hearing loss and they didn't mind about my tinnitus. The first audiologist even seems to think I was bluffing for my tinnitus. The second said that I would become used to and that my hearing loss was at the frequencies to my T. The ORL didn't seem to care more than that but cleared that my hearing loss and my T was a consequence of my premature birth.

However, I still don't know why I hear and feel drums in my ear for certain sounds (and sometime, more rarely, for nothing). I find nothing anywhere to that and I don't even know if it's related to my T.

Does anyone have a clue? I'm used to the drums, but I just want to know what is it. Even if I can't do anything. It been seven years with that drum and I used to it, but I just want to know. Just that.