Tart Cherry Extract — For Those Experiencing Joint Pain From Inflammation...

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by jimH, Mar 24, 2015.

1. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I use to experience pain from Arthritis in my knees, hips and finger joints. Even to the point where I had swelling in some of my finger joints. It impacted my life by making exercise, skiing and even sleeping painful because of the pressure on my hips.

About six years ago I read about the anti-inflammatory properties of Tart Cherry Extract. After taking it about a month, There was a noticeable pain reduction in all of my affected joints. This improvement continued until I was and am still absolutely pain free. The joint swelling in my fingers (2) is totally gone. I once stopped taking the supplement for several weeks and I felt the pain returning. I no longer stop taking it because I know that it works.

I told my sister and several friends about it. Also, my Son's in-laws. Every one of them have experienced a lot of improvement and some are totally pain free now.

I have never raved about a product before in my entire life. Except this one. I am sharing this information because there are many people that suffer from joint pain due to inflammation. There are many brands of Tart Cherry Extract out there. I have only used one . Perhaps others are just as good. I am not going to post what brand I take because some people will question my motives. If you really want to know, then you can PM me and I'll tell you. Anyway, you can read some of the customer reviews of the various brands at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...s,169&rh=i:aps,k:tart+cherry+extract+capsules

• Like Like x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. @jimH I have used tart cherry extract as an anti-inflammatory too!

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I think others would be interested to know if you've actually experienced any noticeable benefit from it?

4. @jimH I think I did experience a benefit from it. But in my case, it was not a "clean experiment," because I was trying other things too, such as glucosamine and chondroitin. I have friends who swear by tart cherry extract as an anti-inflammatory. I plan to try it again in a more isolated way. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

5. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      did any of you find the tart cherry extract affected your t in any way given that it is a salicylate (=aspirin like substance)?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      It never had any effect either way on either my T or H. Inflammation was not a factor in my T condition. My T was caused by acoustic trauma.

7. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      acoustic trauma causes inflammation via the generation of oxidative reactive species!

• Informative Informative x 1
    8. @DebInAustralia I haven't used tart cherry extract since my T began, but what you say makes sense.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I read more than 220 customer reviews of different brands of Tart Cherry Extract this afternoon. I did not come across any that mentioned Tinnitus. I also did two searches on both Bing and Google "Tart Cherry Extract and Tinnitus." Nothing came up to show that there is any correlation between Tart Cherry Extract and T.

However, anyone really worried that it could make their existing T condition worse should probably not take it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
    11. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      Tart Cherries is natural. It takes down inflammation. How could that be bad?

12. Twitch

Twitch Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I had joint pain in my left toe join and fingers on one hand. Tart cherry took care of that. I didn't dose holistically, just once a few evenings before bedtime and the joint pain hasn't returned however it didn't seem to help with my T although I should probably dose daily for proper conclusive results on its effect on T

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      @Twitch ...It never did anything for my T but I didn't expect it to. I took it for pain relief for Arthritis and it worked extremely well. I prefer the capsules because I don't think they have all the sugar that's in the juice.

14. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Cats claw may help too, as it's an anti-inflammatory and in some people can lower tinnitus maybe it's worth a shot.

• Informative Informative x 1
    15. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      Tart Cherries are great for inflammation. But they contain an active ingredient thats in aspirin.

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I've been taking 465mg twice a day for about six years with no adverse side effects. My blood, liver and kidney test results have been normal every year since taking it.

17. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      So does white willow.

18. Jay9/13
      Wishful

Jay9/13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1990 +/-
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High Fevers as a Infant
      I have tried the tart cherry juice for several months with no real noticeable improvement.
      But I will say that a "GOOD" gin (infused Bombay or something similar) with quality botanicals has given me some relief, and I and not talking drinking a liter of it, just 1 shot. I also have tried golden raisins soaked in gin, you take 13 of the raisins daily.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I would never use or recommend the juice because of it's high sugar content.

20. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Perhaps the capsules would be a better option then.

21. Sonic17
      Wishful

Sonic17 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? neck injury/unknown
      How about Shnapps, cherry liquor.