Ten Months of Misery

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Joe159, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Joe159

Joe159 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Don't know where to begin. In the beginning started out with mild ringing.

Then came prolonged intense anxiety at the thought of having this forever.

After seeing so many doctors and ENT(s), I was eventually told I may have a mild case of patulous eustachian tube dysfunction. And, other components causing my suffering. Anxiety, TMJ, muscle problems caused by stress etc.

The ringing I have is a hissing, static type sound in one ear with ear pain.

A while back, developed a bad ear infection and cold. The hissing stopped completely for weeks during that time.

The hospital treating me (Johns Hopkins) told me that once my cold/infection clears the hissing may return. Sure enough it did which made me so upset. Doctor indicated that during my cold/infection my Eustachian tube swelled shut causing the hissing noise to stop. It just seems so crazy to me.

Still have ear pain but the hissing noise has gone down quite a bit with meds. Not really meds but salt water off all things. Also trying drops.

I suppose what bothers me most at this point is ear pain that has been going on for months and slight hissing. My hearing also gets distorted when I hear things as well such as a fan.

In any event, sorry to ramble but if anyone can offer some advice or have had a similar situation I'd appreciate it.

Hospital mentioned possibly surgery in the future which really scares me.

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. Audiophile_bg
      Furious

Audiophile_bg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Olanzapine/MRI
      I also have ETD. Or at least thats what they told me.

Can I ask if you have fluid in your middle ear along with the shut ET?
      Hugs.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joe159

Joe159 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I did have fluid in the ears when I had the infection. Im certain at least once. But, I was also told by doctors I had fluid in the ears only to be told later by ENT(s) no fluid and I was misdiagnosed. ENT claimed due to alot of scarring, and other visible issues with my eardrum the doctors didnt know what to look for. I have pain right now and no fluid. Very frustrating.

4. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      I'd rather have a child for life than have t.

5. John CC
      Pensive

John CC Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Phone ring tone directly in my ear/hearing loss 15% l, 25% r
      Even though my geneder precludes this possibility, if it got rid of my t. I would volunteer for the first male-to-have-a-child program.

• Funny Funny x 1
    6. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      Lol i meant *cold* but auto correct changed it to ”child ” :ROFL::ROFL:

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    7. PortalNaut

PortalNaut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Late 2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Funny stuff you guys. What would we trade to get rid of T?

Right now I am having some headaches in the morning and when I wake up with the headache, it's like man this is bad I've got to get rid of the headache, and it seems 10x worse than the T which I am at-that-time seemingly to be ignoring. So the question has come to mind would I trade headaches (solvable with acetaminophen) for this darn T...and I I'm thinking yes.

• Agree Agree x 1