Testing hearing frequency

Grace

Author
Jan 20, 2014
Tinnitus Since
11/14/2013
This i have not done since i went to an ent doc and they didnt give me my results but she said i had near real good hearing. So my question is i was on youtube and checked what frequencies i could hear it started at like 40 and went up to 19000 and as soon as like 15000 came on i had to turn the volume almost all the way up on my iphone to hear.. And same up to 19000 but could hear it a lil with it all the way up. Is there like a volume preference that it should be at when listening or does it not matter how loud you have to turn it up to hear it?

This i have not done since i went to an ent doc and they didnt give me my results but she said i had near real good hearing. So my question is i was on youtube and checked what frequencies i could hear it started at like 40 and went up to 19000 and as soon as like 15000 came on i had to turn the volume almost all the way up on my iphone to hear.. And same up to 19000 but could hear it a lil with it all the way up. Is there like a volume preference that it should be at when listening or does it not matter how loud you have to turn it up to hear it?

Please don't do these things. The fact that you have to turn up your volume to MAX means your are playing a loud sound into your ears; just because the sound doesn't seem loud, does not mean it isn't. It's all about frequency and your hearing abililty at that frequency. If a person has lost 50-60 decibels of hearing at - say - 16 kHz, you will not start to notice the sound until it is played at 70 db. So be careful...

If you want to get your very high frequency hearing tested, find a place that offers such tests. Hearing tests are normally capped at 80db for any frequency for safety reasons. Taking an online test proves nothing, I am afraid.

Here is an excellent example of a 0 - 16 kHz test:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...aybe-we-can-know-more.3131/page-10#post-51063

Yeh
Please don't do these things. The fact that you have to turn up your volume to MAX means your are playing a loud sound into your ears; just because the sound doesn't seem loud, does not mean it isn't. It's all about frequency and your hearing abililty at that frequency. If a person has lost 50-60 decibels of hearing at - say - 16 kHz, you will not start to notice the sound until it is played at 70 db. So be careful...

If you want to get your very high frequency hearing tested, find a place that offers such tests. Hearing tests are normally capped at 80db for any frequency for safety reasons. Taking an online test proves nothing, I am afraid.

Here is an excellent example of a 0 - 16 kHz test:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/inner-ear-hair-cell-regeneration-—-maybe-we-can-know-more.3131/page-10#post-51063
yeah i know, it was just on my
Phone through the speakers.. Didnt have headphones plugged in or anything but at like 15 khz i could hear up to then it just kinda faded out if i didnt turn it up after that

How did you do it ? Is there any app for it ? I haven't had my high frequency checked till now and I am sure it's high frequency loss. What should I search on YouTube/AppStore ?

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now