Thanks for Having Me

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Lee 47, Mar 11, 2017.

1. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      It is - according to studies. I've read a few, especially mentioning children since I was researching it specifically for my daughter, and had the same concerns that everyone in here has. It is apparently the drop of choice after tympanostomy tube insertion, specifically because we know that the drop will reach the middle ear through the tube and therefore get close to the inner ear, so its (non-)ototoxic properties are paramount.
      They do have a low pH however, which gives a burning sensation when they reach the middle ear. I can attest to that, based on my daughter's reaction when we put it in.

You put Ciprodex in your ear for 28 days?

Yes, everything is back to normal for her. Thanks!

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lee 47

Lee 47 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb. 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear slap + Hearing loss
      That is correct, I went back to my doctor after two weeks for a check up on the progress of my eardrum healing and overall feeling of the ear. He recommended I go ahead and stay on the drops until they were gone, I had plenty left over. I told him I had at least two more weeks of drops left he said that was fine. At or around the 28 day mark is when I awoke at 0300 with my entire head screaming in a 4 to 5khz pure tone, immediately went and saw him and discontinued the drops and made an appointment with an ENT.
      I followed the advice of the doctor, I do believe Ciprodex drops are ok when used within the prescribed limits but it also states to follow the direction of a doctor. There should be an overall time limit on those drops, not up to the discretion of the physician. Shorter is probably ok, longer you may be introducing unnecessary risk to the patient.
      Glad everything is back to normal for your wife, mine is still hissing away. Somedays it is in my entire head others it is just in the ear. I am getting habituated to it on some small level but it is also going away.
      Thanks

3. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Yes there's a good chance it's going to go away. It took weeks for my wife's T to go away after her infection.

• Like Like x 1