That Moment....

Discussion in 'Support' started by Shuffle, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Shuffle
      Gloomy

Shuffle Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Heavy Metal & Machinery
      I suspect I saw the moment some more poor folk got T this week. I was at a gig, and before anyone asks I was fully plugged up and stood right at the very back on like a raised platform as far away from the speakers as possible! I could hear my T over the band playing, so it wasn't loud where I was (normally I can lose T in quiet music when I don't have plugs in).

Anyway, between bands, someone plugged a plug wrong (I think). Out of the speakers came a blast (probably 3 seconds tops) of music at maximum volume. It was like the intro to a song. I felt it hit me in the chest it was that loud! It's not bothered me, thankfully, but there was a collective scream from the crowd near the front, near the speakers. It was.. quite something. I really hope those folk at the front were plugged and are OK. No one else deserves this.

2. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      What a shame. You can bet someone got hearing loss and/or tinnitus from that, if they screamed in response. That sounds like pretty severe acoustic trauma, something they'll remember for a long, long time. Reminds me of this video. He adds some good comments near the end.

The Exact Moment I Got Tinnitus

• Funny Funny x 2