The Annual Cold

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tenna, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Hey people.
      So last saturday I ofc slept near a leaking window, knowing that 80% of the time, Cold strikes Every time, I thought "ofc I wont get ill" lol...
      And so I did. With snot, headache, sore throat, bodyache and once in a while some ear pain. Now left are milder symptoms, a jazzy voice, but also there seems to be a Little of consistant pain in my ears. T has no increased, it spikes like hell as usual, but it worries me a bit as I had a little bit of wet liquid earwax in both ears yesterday (no sloshing ears today, just slight pressure). Also when I hear some specific frequences from the tv or sounds, I get more of a 'eeee' pitch to fill out the gap, than I usually do. It goes up and down.
      It makes sense since it's viral, but can anyone give me some pointers, advice perhaps consolidation? Please no deathsentences thanks, let it remain a cold.

Good evening/day everyone ;)

2. II Packy II
      Doubtful

II Packy II Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Would recommend you eat spicy food. Helps a lot with congestion. Keep tissue handy though

3. Lynnette
      Blah

Lynnette Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Aug 2013
      Hey Teena I have to say I dreading that first cold...I'm washing my hands like crazy. I just fear with my T and ear pain it'll make it worse. I can't escape sickness forever though! Hang in there and feel better soon.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      I don't think it has made my t worse. But for instance when I hear clapping on the tv or some other notes it feels like some of the notes are replaced by a slight squeel-pitch like sound. It wasn't that prevalent before this cold, anyone who can give some heads up on this? My audiogram didn't mention any hearing loss, but I hear it in some songs too I think ;(

5. Banana

Banana Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Damn, I am having exactly the same thing. Sneezing, headache, running nose and of course blocked ears ad I generally feel kinda muffled. Hope it goes away as I feel the T is kinda louder, but it might be because of other causes..

6. Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      I've got my first cold since T and it's made my t tone higher /louder but just a bit. I had got so used to mine I was tuned out most of the time right now it's notched up a level - trying to stay positive it's because my head is heavy and I'm full of cold gunk ;( xx

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Seems to be very normal that t rises temporarily, so keep your hopes high!:) mine has now 'subsided' to quite a throat and earache, semmi wet-willy ears few times, but Ive been unusually unbothered by t these last weeks, vol remains, a new tone added, but I havent cared that much= ) we'll be alright guys just gotta take care of ourselves :)

• Like Like x 1
    8. Hendre Vlad
      Haunting

Hendre Vlad Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medicine , noise induced.
      I have like 2-3 tones in my right ear....its like a disco party in there....to bad im not enjoyng the party so much lol :v ...But since the cold weather the T volume goes a little ups..so is the right neck and right ear pain...bleah..what can i say..its my first winter with T....usualy take a hot batch and pain goes away...think it has something to do with the blood flow to the ear...when i do Cardion on treadmilll i get like super hot and blood flow is very good...feel no pain. :D