The Cardio Connection

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nick the Swede, Apr 25, 2015.

1. I have one thing that puzzles me. I have had T for a year and as a former athlete i am used to push my body to the limits with very hard workout, especially long cardio sessions. I have rested from that more or less since my T outbreak mostly because of jaw problems.
      During the last months i have picked it up again, i do 6-7 hard sessions a week ( i know this is not for everyone :angelic:). This had very big impact on my T, I ALWAYS have lower T the day after cardio. If i rest one day T will be louder the day after rest. This is not related to perception or anxiety. @Steve posted a thing about vagus nerve stimulation and cardio, am i the only one that experience this thing?

I never have any fleeting Ts during cardio days either, when resting i have them 3-4 times/week.

2. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      It happened to me after cardio but can also sometimes happen after weights too. From what I have read there may be a Vagus nerve connection to exercise, however it seems like that is related to controlled / deep breathing - which ties into the exercise as you are almost forced to breathe properly.

I've also noticed the neck connection with exercise and mine getting worse if I over strain. I started doing a 6-day a week workout plan a few weeks ago and it's raised mine, linked to a very stiff neck. Think it's about finding your technique, seems that if you can get that nailed exercise is helpful. I've been meaning to take some audio therapy tracks to the gym to see if they work better during the workout, test the theory, not put any on my phone yet.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nick the Swede
      Conehead

Nick the Swede Member

Thanks Steve, you could be on to something when you mentioned the deep controlled breathing thing, i never thought of that. I have stopped most of my lifting since i find it almost impossible to do it without putting pressure on my neck and jaw, even with light weights and loads of reps it ads up tension.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Afeef
      Cowboy

Afeef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Hello @Nick the Swede and @Steve
      I am a soccer player and i workout 6 days a week and i am used to push myself further and further. I do functional exercises most of the times and also some weight training. I have noticed that my T is raised in both ears because of high intensity workouts and that may be because of the pressure that is put on my neck and whole body.
      Can it come down or will it be like that ?
      I am kinda nervous

Thanks
      Afeef

5. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      It's always a temporary spike. No need to worry.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nick the Swede
      Conehead

Nick the Swede Member

@Afeef , try to relax about that. It always happens for a few hours after a cardio, with weights it´s a different thing for me. I have very hard to do it without getting tensed up in my neck, even with light weights. I just do push ups and cardio atm.

7. Afeef
      Cowboy

Afeef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I am experiencing a high pitch tone from past two days and i have played intense level soccer these days and people shout around in a football game may be its because of that plus workout and cardio..... Will rest for a day or two to calm myself and relax ....
      Will take NAC high dose may b

Thanks guys for info
      Really appreciate it

8. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      To echo the above @Afeef it does happen. Many people report a spike after an intense workout.

I used to get a spike, more than I do now. I associate that with an intense workout where I was not employing proper form. It is not as bad now as it used to be and sometimes is lower directly after a workout (predominantly weights).

• Like Like x 1
    9. Afeef
      Cowboy

Afeef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      :)Thanks for adding that for me @Steve

• Like Like x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nick the Swede
      Conehead

Nick the Swede Member

@Afeef , your T is younger than mine and mine reacted more to exercise on the early days ( i did some running during the last spring and summer). That part has gotten better and better and atm i just get a slight volume increase just when i am pumped up afterwards.

11. Afeef
      Cowboy

Afeef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      @Nick the Swede
      Your replies do help gather courage!

Thanks to everyone

• Like Like x 2
    12. Hotspur

Hotspur Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Id be wary of high impact aerobic exercise,i got mine through skipping a rope
      There has been a study showing the jarring nature of high impact exercise causes the calcium crystals in the ear to dislodge