The Difference Between Plugging Both Ears and One Ear — Barely vs. Definitely Hearing Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Zeneth, Sep 4, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Zeneth

Zeneth Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very Unknown At This Point.... most likely loud sound?
      So I have mild acoustic trauma induced T. I'm 13, and the only thing I'm worried about is that if it gets worse... Anyways, I have T in both of my ears but it's worse in my right ear, and when I plug both of my ears at once, sometimes I can barely hear the T or barely hear it at all. When I just plug one ear at once I can most definitely hear it.. I'm just wondering if this is normal or why it happens.

2. SilverSpiral

SilverSpiral Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      IMO plugging your ears isnt an accurate way to tell where your T is at. I think plenty of people without T get T if they plug their ears due to air pressure changes, or pressure on the auditory nerve. Likewise some poeple with T if they plug their ears hard enough they can silence it temporary, again because of air pressure(or lack of) ad pinching the auditory never.
      just a theory.