The "Good" Spikes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tenna, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Hey lads and ladettes.
      So I was just reading a thread in here about a spike, and a couple of seconds after I had a "funny/good" spike.
      There's a constant diffuse ringing in both of my ears, and as I was just wearing my headset with good isolation a kind of adverse spike kicked in. That constant ringing I have in both ears disappeared momentarily, and the void was taken over by a big loud spike on right ear, as the spike disappeared the constant ringing came back.
      My t is apart from this spike consistant in vol, in it 99% of the time does not go down atleast.
      Nevertheless this sensation was weird in a good way. It shows how absolutely randomly t can make a complete u-turn, from better to worse, from worse to better.
      It was a very ambivalent feeling, on one side the u-turn provides hope surely, but more importantly before the spike, during the spike and just after, I honestly felt alright tinnitus-wise :)
      That was today's good spike!
      I wish you all a good evening/day wherever you are, with good spikes and carelessness

2. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Can't seem to find a spot on definition of fleeting t :O As far as I've understood it's random spikes yes? and sure my ears are capable of creating such = ) This was just different than those!
      My hearing perception of the outside wasn't affected, I could still hear my super loud computer fan. The regular tinnitus was completely gone on both ears, just replaced on right one ear by a friendly hostile-takeover spike. Nor did I seem to get that super anxious as people in that link describe, quite loud it was but not bad.

I even just listened to two songs on low volume a bit prior to it. Been staying far away from music but this was interesting indeed :)