The Links Between Hearing Loss and ADHD, Depression, Dementia, Low Self Esteem and Social Isolation

Discussion in 'Support' started by newarrior, Jul 23, 2018.

1. newarrior

newarrior Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concerts
      Beyond hearing aids, anyone have any idea how to reduce some of the problems that hearing loss causes, such as ADHD, depression, dementia and social isolation? How much and how did hearing aids help you? Meditation or mindfulness for better hearing or paying attention? Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) for the depression, anxiety, low self esteem and fear that accompanies hearing loss and tinnitus?

I am doing CBT with a therapist and on my own for non health issues but I plan to start using it for other things such as health... I've been dealing with hearing loss, tinnitus, hyperacusis and balance issues for 21 years and some or all of the conditions have really pushed my confidence down (especially with dating trying to find work and socializing as well as having had negative impact on sleep, dating, work, confidence.

It gets me to a mess doesn't it.. A vicious cycle of health issues, emotional issues, self confidence, trying to deal with the world, trying to deal with ear issues etc etc

Crazy shit

I also moved to Asia last year which is loud as fuck and sorta traumatized me in a lot of ways

Anyhow thoughts or feedback appreciated

Cheers

2. cspc
      Studious

cspc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Deep breaths and mindfulness can help with adhd and concentration issues. A CBT doesn't help with health issues. I did CBT for Trigeminal Neuralgia and it hasn't help me. CBT is good for confidence though.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      newarrior

newarrior Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concerts
      thanks awesome !