The Military Plane Flew Low

Discussion in 'Support' started by IvanRus, Sep 8, 2017.

1. IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      Hey. we have a nearby military aerodrome. and today, whether with an aggravation of the situation in Korea, or for other reasons, they fly all day.

When I was in my own yard, one such plane flew relatively low. The hum was strong enough. I even vibrated in my chest.

What do you think, is this dangerous for the ear? Can there be barotrauma?

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I believe that while it is unlikely that you would get a barotrauma, it is most likely not good as far as your recovery is concerned. Consider wearing ear plugs whenever you are outside of your home, where you could be exposed to loud noises without warning.

Sounds like you live in Vladivostok. Cool.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      I squeezed my ears with my fingers, I hope this helped, but the curl in my chest troubled me. I can not get rid of obsessive thoughts. earlier, I would not have added any ...

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You might end up with a temporary (3 day?) spike. Are you experiencing a spike now? Are you worried that it might be permanent? I think it can become permanent only after repeated exposure to loud noises. Some loud noises (e.g., a gun going off close to your ear) can cause a permanent spike on the spot, but it doesn't sound like your plane was this loud.