The Weirdest Thing Happened... Does Tinnitus Cause Beep Noises?

Discussion in 'Support' started by amymilly, Aug 15, 2016.

1. amymilly

amymilly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated ear drum
      I've had a rough two days with my ears. My anxiety has shot up and the panic attacks have started again.

I was settling back off to sleep. I think I was a sleep I'm not even sure. But I heard a loud beep in my ears and I shot up into pure panic. Like the loudest beep.
      Does tinnitus cause beep noises.
      I feel a bit unsettled because I don't know if I was asleep or awake. I heard it though because it woke me up in pure panic.

Advice? I think I may need medication for my anxiety now. Does this have an effect on tinnitus.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. AlecP
      Procrastinating

AlecP Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma (I think)
      Hey @amymilly - T can take the form of a beeping sound and from what it sounds like you probably had a quick bout of fleeting tinnitus. It often randomly explodes with a loud beep or ring and then disappates after a few seconds. Try not to let it panic you as it is completely normal, even in people who do not have T.

If you ever want to talk about it, drop me a message :)

3. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      wow thats strange i had a beep noise too during the night the first weeks of my onset

4. Jason C

Jason C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Burgler Alarm
      I get "ting ting" noises like a capacitor discharging from shorting. I also have hissing, ringing, clicking. It's a whole riot in there!