The Workout Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MrT, Apr 27, 2015.

1. MrT

MrT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      I noticed a few brahs on here like Nick the Swede and Steve were gym rats.

I figured we could have a thread where we talk about workouts, cultivating mass, getting swole, and such.

Personally, I haven't worked out in several months after I blew out the old L4-L5. I've recently decided to get back into working out again. This time around I'm thinking of focusing more on bodyweight exercises, possibly some very light kettlebell work and yoga. For the past fifteen years or so, my workouts have almost always been based around big compound movements with heavy weight, but I've turned the corner after a few big injuries and I'm now much more interested in trying to maintain physical health in a manner that I can continue over a lifetime.

I'm also interested in trying climbing, if anyone one here has experience with that feel free to chime in.

Best,

MrT

2. Craggy 65
      Amazed

Craggy 65 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Trauma
      Hi,I,m not super strong upstairs,but I go 3-4 times a week.I do floor exercises for my core,and leg machines to help with my cycling,I used to row to exhaustion first,but since t came along I leave that out.Yoga once a week,and cycling.I have never climbed(too scared)and never lifted heavy weights(too skinny)regards Malcolm

3. jeffie7
      Wishful

jeffie7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2003
      I've been out of lifting heavy for a few months due to my son being sick nonstop over winter, me being sick, and then the whole time thing. I can't wait to get back into it, but for now I stick with cardio. I mountain bike a lot, and tend to be very active over all.

Half the battle is fought in the kitchen. so even without working out like before I've managed to stay in pretty good shape.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MrT

MrT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Hey man, that's a good amount of exercise. You can definitely lift heavy regardless of being skinny although I would temper the weights to a moderate weight. This is advice gleaned from some big injuries by going very big for many years.

The yoga is awesome man and I want to start getting back into it in a few weeks as well. Do you have any goals set for yourself or are you just exercising purely for the benefits of regular exercise.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MrT

MrT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Yeah I wake up with T every morning, take a look at myself in the bathroom mirror with my shirt off and thank god that I still look damn handsome. (jokes) :)

6. jeffie7
      Wishful

jeffie7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2003
    7. Shaun
      Tolerant

Shaun Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2014
      Testosterone.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MrT

MrT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      I had no idea how incredibly homoerotic the music video for this song was...