Think Mold Has Caused a Fungal Ear Infection and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Terrileigh, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Terrileigh

Terrileigh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi I'm Teresa I've just joined the forum, very recently moved house, old place I was in badly affected by damp and mold. Couple of months before I moved my ears started getting sore and itching then scaling, scabbing over and cracking and bleeding it heals then returns. Also from my ear canal comes yellow foul smelling fluid or clear fluid that I think is just plasma from the external wounds. But more recently tinnitus has started in the worst effected ear.

But sometimes both. I think I might have perforated the eardrum in my left ear a couple of months before. Trouble is convincing my Dr as by time my appointment date comes the wounds heal...but then come back.

Trying again and have an appointment this week is there any source of reliable information on mold and the problems I have I can show the Dr so I'm again not sent away with the answer there is nothing wrong.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Try taking a antihistamine it might help.
      Love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Terrileigh

Terrileigh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Ok thanks wI'll try that.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    4. PattyB

PattyB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      PattyB
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      PattyB
      Since tearing out the old bathroom in our master bedroom , I feel this is attributing my symptoms of multiple ear infections for the past 8 months. At first it was definitely a confirmed ruptured eardrum. This time, 8 months later, it's started back up in BOTH ears at the same time. We've been keeping the bathroom door closed while it's under construction since the week I went on vacation, so if it's mold, I've been exposed to it since I returned. I thought I picked up something back from August when I was on vacation and in the pool everyday for 14 days straight. Never had ear infections in the past. But now I sit and think about it, I wonder if I got allergy to mold. It was all underneath the carpet and behind the shower walls. Been to PCP mult times and ENT once , same drops every time, wondering if I should start them back up and sleep in another newer room in the house until it clears up; my ears drain terribly at night lately, can barely stand to sleep on either side anymore because they pop, plug and itches like a SOB, during the day they drain a little then crust near opening, it's just plain gross, and worst of all my hearing is terrible. I just want my hearing back, that's most troubling of all.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    5. PattyB

PattyB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      PattyB
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      PattyB
      Dear Terileigh,
      Have you tried an antihistamine and has it worked???? Just wondering, I've spent so much money on these ear doctors, nearly $600 , so I'm open to anything at this point. I tried an antihistamine pill one day, a few weeks ago, didn't help ears, I should've gave it a full week like the directions stated. It made me feel tired and like shit for 2 days.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Terrileigh

Terrileigh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi PattyB, i went back to the Drs, i was prescribed Otomise ear spray. It helped with clearing up the itching, discharge crusting, and bleeding. Also my ears used to constantly itch inside and its helped with this. Still have tinnitus though.