This Is Odd (Thinking About My Past Tinnitus Causes It to Appear Again)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kenneth Kalousek, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Kenneth Kalousek

Kenneth Kalousek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly a head injury
      So, thankfully the tinnitus I had gotten due to my concussion back in November did seem to clear up, though at night when there is no ambient noise like people speaking, music playing, or a television spewing nonsense I start to panic and think about my past tinnitus to the point where it will cause it to appear again very briefly. If I hear repetitive sounds like a fan going I will start to wonder if it's just ambient noise or if it's the tinnitus coming back- it's very stressful- to the point where I start to tear up and curl myself into a ball.

To clarify about the TV, I don't personally have one in my room and I find it painful to sleep with headphones on
      (that and since I have Asperger's it is very difficult for me to fall asleep with music playing regardless due to the music in my ear stacking on the already difficult time I have falling asleep in general)

2. Imshael
      Procrastinating

Imshael Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely jaw and/or neck issues
      Perhaps you could try using some other sounds, like ocean of forest sounds? It's not quite as repetitive as a fan? You could use your phone or computer (lot's of choises on youtube), and placing them next to your bed so that you don't have to use headphones.