This Is Ridiculous... Tinnitus Back but Not Because of Noise

Discussion in 'Support' started by Pero1234, May 9, 2018.

1. Pero1234

Pero1234 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      home theatre system + high pressure washer
      Ok, up until now I thought my two cases of tinnitus were noise induced. Now, I’m not so sure.

I had a relapse a month ago because of a high pressure cleaner with badly fitting foam ear plugs.

After that I managed to get a second dose of prednisolon and did a second hyperbaric therapy. Result: T beep and very sharp hiss were reduced to a soft, muted hiss.

I stayed home from work for two weeks and spent a third one in Spain to relax. Hiss became even more quiet over time. I managed to get sleep without meds.

I was almost ready to write a success story!

Now, back home, I decided not to make the same mistake when doing chores and used Peltors (the big ones) AND Alpine plugs when mowing the lawn. Lawnmower sound was reduced drastically and I took a break halfway.

There’s no way this volume could have caused any damage! In fact, the car ride from Belgium to Spain I only wore my Alpine party plugs and I had no trouble whatsoever!

And guess what... I did start worrying a bit about the lawn mower...

And there is the beep again! Not the sharp hiss, luckily, just the soft morse-code like beep. The one that was gone since my second hyperbaric session!

This has nothing to do with sound, this is just me stressing over what might happen if I get it again, especially now that I have to go to work tomorrow morning.

This is getting ridiculous.

I’m not going to take prednisolon again.
      There is no noise damage :-/ Any tips on how to tell my brain that it’s doing this all to itself?

Don’t have sleeping meds left... only sedistress... and they don’t beat this.

Relaxation exercises and breathing works up to a point (I don’t panic) but not enough to fall asleep. Since the clock is ticking for work... I remain agitated.

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    2. NormySan
      Wtf

NormySan Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      That sounds like a pain, from my own experience noise induced tinnitus can be such a shape shifter, at least in my own experience.

During my time with tinnitus I’ve done some flying and even gone to a concert and many parties and pubs without any change to my T or H but then something simple that you least expect to provoke it is the thing that makes it worse!

I have no explanation for this, could be so many things.

I really hope you can get good nights of sleep going forward and that your T reduces in volume again!

3. Julien87
      Not amused

Julien87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (concert)
      I think you are right, you "gave it power" yourself. It happens to me too sometimes. Stay strong and hang in here ;)

• Agree Agree x 1