This Works: Convince Yourself with Serious Meditation and Chakra Music That You Do Not Have Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by kariellee, Dec 14, 2015.

1. kariellee

kariellee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I fell off a 8 foot wall
      Convince yourself that you do not have timnitus. Trick your mind totally ignore it. I tried everything. nothing worked but my own management of this awful tinnitus. Mindset. Which I am in charge of. It requires focus and concentration to beat this. Every day. I meditated and blocked it out. Now, at the slightest hiss, I meditate again. It works. I am done with it.

2. MichaelO
      Angelic

MichaelO Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      This sounds very encouraging. Can you give more specifics about your meditation technique? Thanks!

3. Jae
      Bookworm

Jae Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/12/15
      Self hypnotism. It works if your T is mild. For example if i sit in a silent room, my T fades, well rather it blends into the background which somehow I feel I can hear as well with my left ear (my right ear being the ear with T). But this breaks easy.

4. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      I also have been seeing a therapist and learning mindful meditation techniques to combat my anxiety/stress management. When my T is very loud I can go into a quiet room and meditate for 15 minutes and reduce my anxiety/stress therefore reducing the volume of my T. However, I believe my T is probably on the more mild scale and very reactive so quiet rooms make it easier to deal with. It has helped my anxiety tremendously though. Can't say that enough.

This is the technique she is teaching me (but there are many techniques under mindful meditation):

So, I'm certainly NO expert at mediation since I just started seeing a psychotherapist for anxiety issues. Anyway, she is teaching me to work on mindful mediation during the midst of a panic situation and also during quiet times so it comes second nature. Basically, the technique I've been working on the last week is "Feel out, See out, and Hear out (difficult when you hear ringing..). So, to start practice when its quiet and you can concentrate. Start with "See out" let your eyes wander around the room, to anything that you are drawn to and really become focused on that object. For example, if its a plant in the room focus on each individual leaf, the vase, the soil. Really focus on this object. While you are doing that say aloud (if possible) "See out" and keep repeating it in a calming voice. "See out....... see out.......see out....." etc, you can let your eyes wander to different objects and just really focus on them individually while saying to yourself "See out'. If you cant do it aloud, do it in your head but aloud is best for anxiety. If any thoughts/emotions or feelings come into your head, try not to focus on them and instead go back to the "see out.. see out" and focus on the object. Then you can move to feel out. Feeling out involves focusing on sensations inside your body, such as the sensation of your feet on the floor, your clothing on your body, cold, warmth, any pain inside your body, the feeling of your hands on your legs, whatever. Focus on those feelings and say aloud "feel out..........feel out..." and repeat as above.. I find this one is easiest for me. Again, if any thoughts/feelings or emotions come out try and acknowledge them but go back to your technique... FEEL OUT or SEE OUT. Hear out is hardest for me with the ringing, so I don't use it often but you do the same thing. I find feeling out and seeing out are easier with my eyes closed.. For hear out, focus on any sounds you hear. The refrigerator running, the a/c or heater on, the house settling, a bird chirping, your kids laughing whatever. Repeat aloud if possible "hear out......... hear out" etc. You don't want there to be too long of gaps between your labeling of hear/see or feel out because then intrusive thoughts/emotions can pop up. So its really important to repeat aloud or in your head those labels of hear/see or feel out. You can move freely between see/hear and feel as you are naturally drawn. Its best to practice in a quiet setting 10 minutes a day several times a day and then apply anytime you also feel stressed or overwhelmed (anxiety). Also, it's important to speak in a calm, loving tone to yourself when labeling see, hear or feal. It breaks the thought process from your anxiety and therefore retrains the brain. It is DIFFICULT. But with practice, my psychotherapist assures me it actually changes the way your brain responds to anxiety/stressors and you will benefit from it as long as you continue to practice..

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kariellee

kariellee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I fell off a 8 foot wall
      Someone here said that my tinnitus must have been mild. Oh no.. it was horrible .. hissing..humming, crackling. buzzing like bees were there. I could not concentrate. I walked out of my quantum physics class in tears. I had thumping. It was a very bad case. I went to 2 therapists because I was getting anxiety. Talking made it worse. I don't tell people what to do. I just state what worked for me. I am happy, and my writing skills have become so much better. I have several publications now. Mindset Matters. If you can be superstrong.. and concentrate. I had a horrible case. I motivated myself go get rid of it. It was not part of my life. Period.
      I hope this helps someone.

6. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      Well, can you post a link or something of where and how to start, or learn to do this?

7. Gary Heaney
      Doubtful

Gary Heaney Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/09
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bang on the head? Stress?
      Hi Karielee,
      I wish I had your optimism in self hypnosis and meditation reducing your T. I have been and continue with self hypnosis. The best I get from it is relaxation and sleep. However, it has not made the slightest difference in reducing my T. If anything it's been ramping up in recent weeks. I also try and ignore my high pitch whine and hissing in my head and tried IWLM technique of focusing on the feeling not the noise. Nothing so far has worked for me. Guess the quest and hope is for a cure around the corner, before I completely lose it. It's like I've said before. This condition manifests itself in so many different ways that dealing with and accepting it affects others also in different ways. Best wishes to all on TTF.

8. Mojo

Mojo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Karrielee
      Can you share some details pls on hpw you meditate and what you say to yourself?! Greetings Ron