Thought I Had It Licked

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Evan J, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Evan J

Evan J Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2002
      I developed tinnitus 11 years ago. I feel it was caused by a blocked eustachian tube from weight lifting, although my present MD says otherwise. I was bench pressing heavy weight, when I heard a click in my right ear. Shortly after, I lost hearing in the ear for about 3 days. My MD gave me a prescription for nasal spray and I got my hearing back, which was great, but then I noticed a subtle high pitched sound in both ears. I went back to my MD, who said it was tinnitus. He said that there was nothing that can be done. And, he said that it will probably get louder as I get older.
      Over the years I managed to cope with what I felt was a minor inconvenience. However; now 11 years later, I'm very disappointed to report that the high pitched buzz has gotten louder. So, now I have adjust to this new louder sound. I'm not giving up hope though. I am planning on going to a ENT.
      I'm not feeling too good right now. I'm trying very hard not to become depressed, but feel I'm heading in that direction.
      Anyway, that's my story.

2. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Sorry to hear that Evan, hope all goes well at the ENT and you feel better soon.

• Like Like x 1
    3. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Hi Evan, lets hope this spike in your T is only temporary. When you see your ENT may I suggest you ask for a recommendation for a psychiatrist or psychologist that is familiar with T. He/she will be able to get you settled down and not fall into deep depression. A little depression is of course normal.

I started a thread about ENT's doing this in the support forum. They can give you meds until you get a grip, no need to suffer anymore than you have to. Remember you are not alone.....

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Evan J

Evan J Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2002
      Thanks Gary. Depression/Insanity is NOT an option!

5. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      EXACTLY!!!!