Throwback to Early Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sailor101, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Sailor101

Sailor101 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      Good day everyone,
      so last couple of weeks, my tinnitus has gotten a lot worse. I first came in contact with it in 2013, back then I thought it was unsustainable, but as the time went on, there were times when days, weeks and even months went by not noticing it. Sometimes I even thought it was gone until I noticed it again.

But on to the point. I recently graduated from maritime academy as an navigational officer. I will soon have to start working and I have been in a lot of stress about it and my tinnitus feels like back in 2013 and even worse. I hear it all the time now, when I go to sleep, when I wake up and during my day. I went to my doctor, he subscribed me Noofen (Phenibut 250 mg), I've been taking it for about a week now, but it doesn't seem to help. I believe that it is stress, although I was sick with cold few weeks back that made pressure on my ears too.

So, please, does anyone have any suggestions how to deal with it in stressful situations, I would be very grateful. I have lost hope for cure, but I would appreciate the noise to go back into the cave where I left it.

2. Sven
      Fine

Sven Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Hi. What caused your tinnitus when you first got it? If it was loud noise/music and you haven't been exposed to that again recently, I'm guessing you're suffering from a temporary spike right now.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I think its general anxiety about starting work but tell yourself you well deserve the job and I think once your first week is done you will be fine .
      Try relax and go at your own pace.
      Love glynis x

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sailor101

Sailor101 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      Hi. I not sure exactly what caused it, but it started around time when I was working at this part time job as a furniture stacker to earn some living. There I hurt my back and neck, so I was put on medicine. I remember exact morning I woke up and heard freight train pulling on its brakes.

5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Why do you think it might have happened? Have you been exposed to any loud noises not long before it began?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sailor101

Sailor101 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      Hi. Thank you for your answer. I am hoping that too. Need to find a way to start forgeting about it again. I remember swimming and long walks in the forest helped.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sailor101

Sailor101 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      No, I think not. Nowadays I always carry a pack of earplugs with me, just in case.

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. Sven
      Fine

Sven Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      In that case it doesn't seem caused by noise or music. I hope you feel better soon.

• Hug Hug x 1