Tinnitus Accompanied by Pounding in Head

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nick M, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Nick M

Nick M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection
      My tinnitus is worse when I have this pounding sensation in my head in sync with my heart rate.

After a day or two, this sensation subsides and the tinnitus also subsides and goes to the baseline only to start up suddenly again a few days later or sometimes a few weeks later with a strong fleeting tinnitus event and the pounding begins right after.

Anyone experience something similar?

During the pounding, I also suffer from cognitive symptoms, forgetfulness, lack of interest in the things I like to do, tiredness, feeling like a failure and of impending doom. The improvement comes slowly over a couple of days where I feel the day was better than the last and eventually I feel normal again only for the cycle to repeat.

It always starts with this strange shock feeling in my head that comes with the fleeting high-pitched tinnitus and the pounding feeling immediately starts. This has been happening for years now but it took me a long time to listen to my body and document what's been happening and to also recognize a pattern.